Chapter 8 - Stargazing

While everyone was drinking and causing chaos throughout the guild, I was watching what everyone was doing as I was talking to Happy about surprising Lucy. Why would anyone bet we would have 33 kids?! Anyway, I decided to walk over to Lucy at the bar to try and get some special alone time with her. I was so glad I begged on my hands and knees for her not to drink tonight. Even though it was embarrassing in front of the whole guild, it's worth having a sober Lucy for a romantic stargazing experience.

When I told Happy about how I wanted to spend some alone time with Lucy, he suggested I do something that she would like. I instantly thought of her love for stars and her celestial spirits so stargazing sounded perfect. As Lucy was drinking her strawberry milkshake, I tapped her shoulder to get her attention. I gave her a big smile as she turned around and then I put my lips close to her ear. "Lets sneak out, I want to show you something" I whispered in her ear. "Ok" she whispered back and followed me out of the guild doors.

I led her to a clearing in the forest beside the guild that I sometimes go to relax and then laid down on the soft grass. "Why did you bring me here?" Lucy asked and without a word, I patted the grass beside me. It was better to show her then explain and ruin the surprise. She laid down beside me and her eyes widened at the sight of the beautiful stars in the sky above us. "I thought it would be nice to do a bit of stargazing" I said while looking up at the stars, hoping she wouldn't notice the blush on my cheeks. Hopefully, the darkness hides my red cheeks.

Suddenly I felt Lucy's hand grasp mine and lightly squeeze my hand. I looked down at our joined hands before looking back up and stare into her beautiful eyes. I could see the stars reflecting in her eyes making them more gorgeous. I couldn't help but smile at my new girlfriend. As if some force was pulling us together, we leant towards each other and brought our lips together in a kiss. I moved my free hand to cup Lucy cheek as I deepened the kiss. Lucy held my hand that was on her cheek with her free hand, returning the passion.

We didn't break apart until we needed a breath. I kept my hand on her cheek as we tried to catch our breath. Out of nowhere, a light flashed across the night sky. "Natsu look! A shooting star! Oh look, another one!" Lucy cheered as she rolled onto her back and pointed to the second shooting star. She closed her eyes and I wondered what she was doing. "What are you doing?" I asked. "Making a wish" she replied without opening her eyes. "What are you wishing for?" I asked curiously. She opened her eyes and looked at me. "It won't come true if I tell you. Anyway, make a wish!" she replied excitedly.

I closed my eyes and thought about my wish. 'I wish for Lucy and me to stay together forever' I wished and then opened my eyes. "Hey Natsu, do you know any of the constellations?" she asked. "Um" I mumbled as I looked up at the sky but couldn't see any. "Nope" I replied honestly. She pointed one of the stars and said "see that star right there. If you connect those six stars together and then connect those three above them you get Leo" she explained. "Wow I see it!" I cheered, Lucy made it so easy to see.

We spent the whole night looking at different constellations. I was surprised at how fun stargazing was. As Lucy was explaining Plue's constellation, I noticed she was slowly falling asleep. I slipped my arm under her head, letting her use my arm as a pillow. "Lets sleep under the stars tonight" I said and she nodded tiredly. "Goodnight my golden puppy" I said, "goodnight my pink puppy" she replied tiredly with a small yawn before closing her eyes. Soon her breathing slowed down to a steady pace and I tucked a piece of hair behind her ear. I smiled at her peaceful sleeping face before closing my own eyes.

What I didn't know was that Lucy made the same wish that I did.