Chapter 5 - Eight Luna Keys

Lucy's POV

"Awooooooooo" I howled from my cage prison. I've been howling nonstop since most of my captors left. One stayed behind to guard me and make sure I didn't escape while the others go steal a Luna Gate key. "Shut up ya mangy mutt I'm trying to read!" Kaito shouted as he was sitting on a chair with his feet up on the table. I stopped for a second to look at him and then I tilted my head up again. "Awooooooooo" I howled again and he growled in annoyance. I hoped my howling would catch the attention of Natsu if he was out there somewhere nearby looking for me.

A sudden bang from the doors at the cave's exit interrupts my howl and made me flinch. "Finally!" Kaito cheered as his group came in. He took his feet off the table and stood around the table with the rest of his group. "Alright men, we have all eight Luna keys. We can put our plan into action later tonight at midnight under the full moon" Raiden said as he placed eight pearl white keys on the table. I had overheard all their names as they were getting ready to leave to steal from the palace.

"You still haven't explained what each key represents" Kaito said. "You know why I couldn't reveal them. If any of you were defeated, you may reveal to the Magic Council what our plan is. Each key represents eleven constellations, and all eight keys together make the eighty-eight constellations. All eighty-eight constellations are needed to open the Luna Gate" Raiden replied. 'Eighty-eight constellations, luna means moon, they are all related to celestial magic but what does this gate do?' I wondered. I thought about all the possibilities the Luna Gate could be used for but nothing specific came to mind.

"The moon should be in position any minute now. Everyone to their places so we can start the ceremony" Raiden ordered and everyone rushed to their posts. I saw Tadashi cut a rope that was tied from the ground to the ceiling which opened a wooden hatch in the ceiling revealing the moon. Moonlight shined down from the hole in the ceiling over the Luna Gate. Raiden created a golden magic circle in front of it and then placed the eight Luna keys in a circle inside the magic circle. The cage I was in shook as Shiki picked it up. He took my cage over to the magic circle and put it down in the middle of it. As soon as the cage touched the magic circle, I felt a massive drain on my body as magic began being sucked out of me in a golden mist. "What's happening to my body" I whined.

"Now that everything is in place, we need to bear our seal into the magic circle" Raiden said. The rest of his group gathered around the magic circle and put their hand out towards it. Their seal instantly appeared in yellow as the doors burst open with a bang. "LUCY!" I heard Natsu roar with the others behind him. "Natsu!" I barked happily but then collapsed because it took a lot of energy that was being drained out of me. "Lucy!" Natsu shouted worried when he saw me collapse.

"Protect the magic circle!" Raiden ordered and then the Death's Five Sins made a protective line between me and Natsu. "Give Lucy back to me!" Natsu shouted as he charged at Raiden. Laxus went to back him up, Erza and Mira faced against Tadashi, Gray and Juvia teamed up against Hiroshi, Levy and Gajeel went up against Kaito, and Wendy, Happy and Carla went against Shiki. Everyone seemed evenly matched. Laxus could handle Raiden's Lightning Devil Slaying magic. Erza could keep up with Tadashi's swordsmanship along with Mira's help in her Satan Soul. Gray could freeze Hiroshi's water attacks while Juvia attacked with her own water magic. Levy had a battle with Kaito using their Solid Script magic while Gajeel helped Levy by protecting her. Wendy was doing amazingly with her magic attacks while Shiki used his transformation magic to turn himself into different animals to attack.

I whimpered at the tiredness that was consuming me. "Please hurry up everyone" I whined as my body grew more and more tired. I tried fighting against my tired eyes from closing but it was a losing battle. My vision started to go blurry. "Natsu, I can handle him. Go get Lucy before we lose her forever!" I heard Laxus shout in the distance. "Lucy!" I heard Natsu shout before he came into view next to my cage. "Lucy hang in there. I'll get you out of there" he reassured with a panicked tone of voice but as soon as he touched my cage he was sent flying back a few metres.

"No!" Natsu growled and ran towards the cage again. "Why can't I free you?!" he said to himself in frustration. "Natsu, look! Their seal is in the magic circle. The only way to stop the spell is to defeat all five of them" Levy explained while Gajeel protected her from Kaito's attacks. Natsu slammed his fist against the rocky ground and yelled in frustration. "Natsu" I tiredly said and he whipped his head up to look at me straight in the eyes. "Did you just say my name?" he said in shock. My eyes couldn't stay awake any longer so they started to close. "Lucy! Lucy no! Stay with me! Please!" I heard Natsu scream desperately. "Lucy!" his voice faded into the darkness along with my last thought 'Natsu'.