Chapter 1-History Should Stay History

Note to Readers: Here's the sequel/prequel, thanks for all the comments and votes and I hope you like this one just as much as the other one.  Again I'm going to try something a little different, and switch from picking up right where the other story left off in this chapter and when Tara and Dally were in New York in the next chapter.  I hope it's not to confusing, if it is, comment and I'll try to explain, but the whole purpose is to read the story.....please comment and vote and tell me what you think!       

        We were all lazing around the Curtis's living room, like always.  Steve and Two-Bit were enthralled in whatever was on TV, and Soda was trying to see which one of them would blink first.  Johnny was paging through one of Pony's many books, and Dally was bugging him so he couldn't read it, though I'm not sure how well Johnny could read in the first place.  Darry was in the other room, going over bills or reading the paper or making supper or some other thing like that.

          I was half-heartedly watching TV, laying down on the couch with my legs hanging over the arm of the couch and my head hanging off the side, so everything was upside down.  I don't know why I was doing that, but I found it strangely comfortable, minus the headache when you eventually sat up.

          Pony leaned over me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before asking with a grin, "What are you doing?"

          I swatted him away, he knew I hated it when he kissed me around everyone else, but he did it occasionally just to annoy me.  He was okay with all my rules about no hand-holding or his arm around my shoulders or cuddling because I had a serious issue with personal space and PDA, but occasionally he'd do something like kiss me, or restrain me on his lap for a while, just to annoy me.  It was kind of cute sometimes, no matter how irritating it may be. 

         Pony and I had been dating for about a week and a half so far, and he'd taken me on two dates, both to the movies, and insisted on paying for everything, much to my displeasure.  I wanted to just sneak in through the hole in the fence.

         Pony just laughed and I glared at him, but there was a slight smile on my face to.

          "Pony, what's this word?" Johnny asked, pointing a word out.

          "Monopolize," Pony said.  "In this sentence it means like one person controlling all the factories that the immigrants were forced to work in in New York," he explained.

          "Speaking of New York, are you going to divulge any secretive information on your hometown or just say it's a hellhole like Dally?" Two-Bit asked me specifically 

          I don't think I had ever told them about New York, not that it was the most interesting thing in my whole life. "You really want to hear my tragic life story?" I ask sarcastically.

          "Hell yeah!  I know nothing about you except for that you're like a female version of Dally and Pony's girlfriend," Two-Bit said, seeming way over-excited about this. 

         Another thing that annoyed the crap out of me was when all the guys insisted on reminding me, and Ponyboy, that we were boyfriend and girlfriend every chance they got, despite the fact that we'd only been dating for a little more than a week.  But I couldn't really do much about that except for slug every one of them, which wouldn't do much good.

          "Yeah, we finally have someone that knows all the secrets of the infamous Dallas Winston," Steve said.

         "How about history should stay history and you don't talk about it," Dally replied in his usual bitter tone, sounding more like he was stating a fact than asking a question.

         I grinned, determined to tell them all now just to piss my brother off.  "You know what they say about history.  If you don't learn it it'll repeat itself," I reply with a smirk.