Chapter 33: Doubts ✔️

Vote. Comment. Share.
____________________

Andrew Pov

"No, that will not be necessary." I pleaded.

After receiving an urgent phone call from Mr. Bentley. I rushed to the company. To see what the commotion was about, that's required me to leave my home on short notice without a proper explanation. And let my wife spend the evening, alone.

But clearly, our agency was that we're on the edge of losing every everything that we've all ever worked for.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Henderson." Mr. Bentley stated. We were at yet another board meeting discussing how we've lost an important client.

"But he's, my client!" I roared.

Mr. Bently says firmly. "He's no longer your client,"

How could this happened?!

Garry Marshall, better have a good reason to why he chose to go with another enterprise instead of ours.

I excuse myself out of the room to call my ex-client.

"I can explain," he answers on the first ring.

"Oh really? Then please, enlighten me" I comb a hand through my hair.

Dang, I've never been this stressed my entire life.

"Look, Andrew, you're great at what you do. Believe me, I wanted to close the deal with your company. But..."

He pauses.

"But what?!" I ask irritatedly as I walked back and forth.

"I was on a budget. They offered me a better deal. Sorry, man." he hangs up.

My knuckles hit the wall. To release every fiber of my frustrations.

Oh, God. Why now.

If Linda, gets pregnant how will I provide for my family...

"Hey, man. I heard what happened" my friend, Ted finds me in the hallway and pats my shoulder.

"He preferred another firm, that's what happened." I gritted marched back to my office.

How will I find another source at this time?

Swiftly I dive back in my chair began to search through my previous files for a new candidate.

"Beed anything, you know where to find me". Ted stop by my office before heading back towards his.

I need to find another client, fast.

Linda Pov

"He did not cheat." my best friend Jackie defends my husband.

"Yes, he did" I exclaim. And took my third box of tissue of this evening.

I was here alone, shedding tears constantly wondering where Andrew could possibly be at this hour.

"You don't know that, Linda. You're just jumping into conclusions," she adds.

"H-how can you say that after what I just told you." I sniffed.

"Believe me, I've been there. And it didn't go so well. Please, talk to him about it first. Whether you think his cheating or not."

"Oh, god" I cried. The thought of my husband cheating broke me into pieces.

I can't even--

"Don't cry, Linda. Do you want me to come over?" Jackie asked with concerns.

"No, I'm fine. He'll be here, soon." I peered at the clock.

We said our goodbyes. And I clicked off the phone.

I climbed up the bed blankly gazed at the ceiling.

Many thoughts clouded my head.
Stop thinking too much, Linda. You'll give yourself a headache.

Automatically I did a prayer for my marriage. Praying, hoping, that I'm at fault about my suspicions.

Oh, lord where is he?!

Andrew Pov

It's past midnight, already.

I was caught up with work that I didn't even bother to look at the time.

Everyone, including my best friend Ted. They all left early.

But I was determined to find a client by tonight. Unfortunately, I did not find one.

I guess that it will take more time than I thought.

Documents were scattered all over my desk.

"I miss my wife" I groaned.

My memory peered back to earlier. The lingerie that she wore...

In a swift, I turn off my office lights.

"Time to go home." I marched out of the building to my car drove to my place to be with my wife.

Moments, later I was home. The house lights were turned off.

"Hon, where are you?" I gazed around the house.

Finally, I found her in our bedroom.

I clicked more lights on to see her clearly.

"Babe, why are here alone?" I asked as I made my way to join her on our bed.

Unexpectedly, she did not respond. I know ways to make her happy. My hands' snakes all around her body.

"Hands off, Andrew" she climbed off the bed.

She rejected my touch?

I started at her blankly.

Something not right.

"Did I do something wrong?" I asked my wife, carefully.

"Why did you come so late? It's past midnight." She questioned, seriously.

"... I was at work." I responded back.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes, I was at work the whole day," I informed.

She scowled at me.

"Now, I'm tired. And It would nice if my lovely wife could give me comfort." I tried to bring her back to the bed.

"Are you sure that you haven't gotten that comfort elsewhere?" she held out an unfamiliar grey tie.

"You're cheating." she throws the tie that somehow lands my head.

I glimpsed at the tie and chuckled.

It's not my tie.

"Honey, sweetheart. This tie belongs to my unorganized bestfriend, Ted." I stated.

________

Vote. Comment. Share. 🌹