Chapter 3

When I got home that evening, I ignored all of Laila's texts and calls. I was fed up with her. After a while, there were no more calls, and I was glad she had finally got the message. I lay on my bed. I didn't know what to think, so I ended up thinking of Jaay. But it was pointless, he would never look at me again. He'd probably forgotten about me after the maths lesson. Why would he remember the girl who didn't talk? There were a million reasons why he wouldn't remember me, but it was too depressing to think of them. I lay there, and drifted in and out of sleep.

I was woken by a knocking on my door, as I stood up I glanced at myself in the mirror, then sighed. Who would be coming round that cared about what I looked like. I opened up my door. I noticed the familiar face and re shut the door, making it a purpose to slam it. I heard a squel the other side of the door and snorted, lying back on my bed, putting a pillow around my head. It wasn't long before Laila pulled me up. I heard her high heels clacking their way across the floor to me. She had changed, I could see, for me. She was wearing an old granny's hoodie and a pretty floral dress that came below her knees and black tights. I forced myself to smile at her. At least she was making an effort.

"Look, Cara. it's not what you think. Rick and I are - old friends." She paused, looking at me and winced. My eyebrows were raised angrily. I pointed to the door and returned to lying down on my bed. Laila looked at me curiously, before obediently leaving my room. A few minutes later I heard the front door shut. My head burnt with the ringing. She slammed it on purpose. My brother came to my room almost straight after. He knocked before walking in. Nathan's a jerk but he cares. Either he was coming in to be symapthetic, or ask again if Laila was single. Jerk mode. I could tell as he started talking rapidly at the top of his voice. I grinned, he was so girly. I shook my head and rolled my eyes. That was pretty much my communication a day.

He laughed and walked back to the door, throwing one of my old teddy's at me.

"Let me know when she's available, huh sis?" He winked and left the room, leaving me galring at him in frustration. I leant against my pillow, peace at last. But I had to get on with homework, I could be a rebel..... I pushed myself up from the bed and walked to the mirror. I brushed my hair and then opened my mouth. Unsurprisingly, no sound came out. I blinked and felt a lump in my throat. No use. I changed out my school clothes into skinny jeans and a stylish wool jumper before hurrying downstairs. I went out without any of my family seeing me and walked casually down the street. Laila made me jump, again. I ignored her but she stood in front of me, cutting me off course. I frowned, I didn't have time for this.

-------------------------------------

So there we go! The next update and the first in a very long time. Sorry for the wait! Remember, keep reading and vote!