3: The Grand Trial

Caroly's P.O.V.

The next day, we woke up early, ate breakfast, got ready and went to see Hala.

When we got there, he said that we needed to go to a place before the grand trial. I was quite curious to know where this place was and why we needed to go there. When we got there, it was a place that looked like a Temple.

"We have to ask Tapu Koko to watch your trial first." Hala said.

"You mean the guardian of Mele Mele Island??" I asked.

"Yes." He replied "The trials are when the Kahunas represent the island's guardian in battle. That's why their presence is important."

"Oh... Then let's ask Tapu Koko to come!" I said excited.

We got inside and we sat down.

"Today will be the grand trial of Caroly. Oh guardian, Tapu Koko, give us the power of the Alolan Islands." Hala said.

"Tapu Koko, my grand trial against Hala will be happening today, please come to watch it." I said.

After that, we got out of the temple and we were ready to start our battle. We were already in place to start the grand trial. I had to admit it. I was a bit nervous.

"Now it will start the grand trial between the Mele Mele Island's Kahuna, Hala, and the challenger Caroly!" The referee said.

"Electra, I choose you!" I said as Electra got on her battle pose and let out a cry to show that she was ready to start.

"Let's do this Hariyama!" Hala said as the big pokémon got in battle.

"Alright, Electra use thunderbolt!" I commanded.

She obeyed my command as she released electricity from her cheeks, but Hariyama didn't suffer any damage.

"How strong!" I said quite impressed.

"Now it's our turn!" Hala said "Hariyama, use arm thrust!"

"Electra, step aside and use quick attack!" I commanded.

The pikachu could manage to escape but couldn't avoid getting damage.

"Electra, are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah!" She said as she stood up "Let's power up now!"

"Ok! Electra evolve to Raichu!" I said as she evolved "Now use quick attack!"

"Hariyama, use fake-out and then use knock-off!" Hala said.

"Electra!" I shouted.

She was hurt but could manage to stand up.

"Can you still do it?" I asked.

"Yes! Let's use our full power!" she said.

"Okay, let's do this!" I said as we started doing the normal-type pose for our z-move. It seemed like practicing this pose during the afternoon was turning out to be useful.

"Hariyama, use arm thrust!" Hala commanded, but it was already late as me and Electra used our z-move.

"Breakneck Blitz!" I shouted.

There was a lot of dust, but when it cleared out we could see that Hariyama had fainted. After that the referee came.

"Hariyama and Hala are unable to battle! The winner is the challenger Caroly!" He announced.

"We won!" I said as Electra got back to be a pikachu and I hugged her tight.

"Congratulations!" Hala said "Take this as your prize."

He handed me a fightinium-z, the z-crystal of the fighting type move.

"Thank you!" I thanked him.

"I felt a stong connection between you and your pokémon. I can feel that you'll go much further than that. It's almost like if you have no limits!" The kahuna said.

"Really??" I asked.

"Yes! Keep on doing your amazing job. I expect a lot from you!" Hala replied.

I smiled and said goodbye to him as I went to my aunt's house. When I got in Vaporeon came to greet me.

"Alola, buddy!" I said happily.

"Alola!" He said wagging his tail.

"Alola, Caroly! So how was your grand trial?" Aunt Emma came and asked me.

"We won!" I said with a smile.

"That's awesome!" She said as she gave me a hug "You have to tell your father!"

"I'll tell him when he gets home" I said with a grin on my face.

After that I went to my room, and spent all the rest of the afternoon talking with my pokémon about the grand trial.

(A/N: I know it's a short chapter... But I hope you liked it anyways)