{Epilogue}

Not every story is perfect, or a fairytale. And most stories don't have a happy ending that lasts. People have to fight for the things they need and want the most. That's just how it is.

But you can be happy.

I found my happiness, after a lot of heartache. I went out into the world, wrote a book about my life (yes, this one. Did you really just ask that?), and fell in love. I even got married. Little by little, I started talking more, but only when I needed to. I got divorced from my first husband because of so many things. He never hit me, but his words were like an actual whip against my skin. Eventually, I couldn't take it anymore.

That whole experience was painful, and hard, but I'd been through worse. I survived. And I came out triumphant.

It turns out that a book about a mute young adult got me a decent amount of money. And it also turns out that Kevin... became more to me. So much more. He was there for me through everything, just waiting for his chance. One day, over hot chocolate in a cafe, he told me he loved me. And I was able to say it back, because I meant it, and because I could.

We're together now, and I'm the happiest that I've ever been. I still don't talk much. I hardly talk at all. But I do, sometimes.

Some people still talk too much though. You'd be surprised at everything you learn when you keep your mouth shut, and listen. And you can't ever forget your heart. It may be just another organ, but it tells you things. So let yourself feel, and open up.

I guess that's it. Did I make a happy enough ending for you? Are you glad now? I hope I proved something to you. You don't have to talk so much to get attention. You don't have to do everything perfect to eventually get something right. Your friends should always be there for you, and if they're not, they're not real friends. And there's someone for everyone, even a used-to-be-mute drop-out who finished college later in life.

So take a chance, like I did. Get what you want, and don't hold back.

That's it. My story's pretty much over.

What about yours?

*Author's Note!

So.. I can't believe this story is over! It's so crazy...

But anyways, I wanted to let you know that this isn't true!(: I'm fifteen. This isn't my life. But either way, I really hope you enjoyed it! And here's a huge THANK YOU to anyone who has read even a chapter of The Silent One. Don't stop voting, commenting, and promoting PLEASE(: <3

Feel free to check out my other stories too, even though this one's really a once-in-a-lifetime writing experience for me.. maybe ;) Thank you for reading and voting and commenting!

- Alyssa <3