Chapter 16

For Toexoxo

"Scott?" I groaned at the pain in my head. My eyes opened to find Mitch with a gun to his head on his knees and David's arm being gripped tightly by the killer.

"Are you okay?" David looked like he was going to burst out crying and Mitch was trying to act stronger than his eyes were letting on. Mitch nodded at me. The killer painfully gripped Mitch's chin to turn his head towards him.

"Are you going to moan for me like you moaned for Agent Hoying?" The hard smack that hit Mitch made David scream. His cheek was cut open.

"No daddy!" I tried to break the ropes on the chair.

"Just make it quick. Don't hurt my son." Mitch sobbed. I struggled to get out of the chair I was tied in. I had to get out. Mitch and David were in danger. Where the fuck is Chris?

"Don't fucking hurt him!"

"Does Agent Denih know you fucked his husband?" None of us said anything. The killer held David in one hand as he slammed Mitch against the wall. "I don't usually go for men but....your body is like a woman's." Mitch turned away with a whimper when the man kissed his neck. "So feminine." His tongue went across Mitch's cheek.

"Please. Not in front of David. He's only four." The man let a sly smile spread across his lips.

"Lead the way." David was released as Mitch took the man's hand and began to walk up the stairs.

"Mitch!" I struggled even more with the binds on the chair. I was in love with Mitch. I couldn't just let that man take him. David curled up in a ball in the corner of the room. "David? I need you to undo the ropes." I could see the tears falling down the little boy's face. "I need to save your daddy." He ran over and tried everything to undo the ropes. I could hear Mitch crying and the headboard hitting the wall.

"Save daddy." We had finally got the ropes off.

"I will. Hide here." I opened a little chest and gave David instruction to stay hidden until I get back. I gave him a long kiss on the forehead. Then I ran up the stairs. I didn't have a weapon but I was furious.

"Help me. Please." I heard Mitch voice. I threw the door open and tackled the man to the ground. I was so relieved when he wasn't on Mitch. I began punch him repeatedly in the face.

"Mother! Fucker! How-" I paused when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. The man had shoved a knife in my stomach. I fell back, having trouble breathing. He stabbed me in the leg to hinder me. He took a gun out of the back of his jeans. He never took off his clothes but he made Mitch take off all of his own.

"Goodbye Agent Hoying." I closed my eyes when he pointed the gun at me. But I didn't feel any pain when a shot fired. I was still alive too. I opened my eyes to find the guy dead by my feet and Mitch with a smoking gun. He looked at me.

"Where's David?"

"Daddy?" David ran to Mitch's side. Mitch had a blanket wrapped around his waist. He knelt down beside me.

"I'm okay." He pulled me into a painful hug. I couldn't push him away though. He held my face in his hands as he kissed me.

"I love you."

"I love you too." One of my hands was behind Mitch to hold David's hand. "He missed. I'm okay. Just blood."

"Don't leave us." The little boy looked like he was going to cry. I squeezed his hand.

"I'm not." Mitch put his arm around David's shoulder and pulled his son closer.

"Mitch! David!" Chris ran up to his family as the paramedics came to me. David's hand stayed in mine. He even walked down the stairs with me.

"David sweetie." Mitch tried to pull David away.

"I want to go with Scott." Mitch and Chris exchanged looks.

"Go. You need to get checked anyways." Mitch dropped everything to get him and his son in the ambulance.

"What happened?" One of the EMTs asked.

"He saved me." I grabbed Mitch's hands.

"Did he touch you?" He was looking at me straight in the eyes. All his emotions were blank. "Did he touch you?"

"Is he going to be okay?" He tried to change the subject.

"Was he inside you?"

"Yes! Now will you shut the fuck up?!" He had tears in his eyes when he screamed at me. He sat back in the seat with David cuddled up to his side.

"We have to sedate you Scott." I nodded. I watched as they put a needle in my arm. My hand shot to grab Mitch's.

"Will you be there when I wake up?"

"Yes." He nodded, leaning over to give me a short kiss. My eyes dropped close and it felt like seconds until they were open again. I quickly closed them when I noticed Mitch and Chris talking.

"They say he's going to be fine."

"That's great." Mitch said it quickly.

"What happened while I was gone?" I don't know who but one of them was walking away from me.

"I thought I lost you. I couldn't feel you anymore. I thought you were dead. And Scott was so nice to us. He helped us. He protected us. I thought I would never get you back." Mitch broke down crying.

"Stay strong. For your son. For David. He needs you to be strong." How could you say that to someone who acted the strongest? He was willing to give away his body and his life for his son. For me even. Mitch convinced the killer to turn his attention away from me. He was raped and Chris expects him to walk away unscarred.

"I understand."

"What's your relationship with Scott?" I heard a hint of jealousy in my friend's voice.

"It was a pose. He did it to protect us."

"Chris? We need you to make a statement." I heard footsteps depart and some come near my bed. It was Mitch. I could tell by his warm presence. I cracked my eyes open to be met with his smile.

"How are you feeling?" My thumb brushed along his cheek. I looked around for the little boy.

"Where's David?"

"He's safe. At the agency. They were waiting for you to wake so we could go over evidence before I went back into witness protection." I sat up slowly. I searched Mitch's face.

"You didn't kill him." He nodded.

"He was wearing a vest. He's out there."

"I'm not going to be able to see you again." He nodded again, trying not to cry.

"David wanted to say bye but I figured you'd want to when you would be able to hug him." I pulled Mitch closer so I was able to hug him.

"I'm sorry I didn't get there sooner." I held him. I savored the feeling of his arms wrapped around my body.

"It's okay."

"It's going to be weird not waking up next to you. Chris hasn't been home lately." It was Mitch that initiated the kiss. My hand was cupping his cheek as his lips moved slowly against mine.

"Mr. Grassi?" We broke the kiss at the sound of my supervisor's voice. "We're taking you back to the station until we get Agent Hoying out of the hospital." My hands slipped away from him reluctantly. I know by the emotion put behind the kiss and the way that he was talking to his husband that I was never going to be with him again.

I lost Mitch Grassi.