Chapter 10: A Happy Beginning

"Forgive me father, for I have taken the lord's name in vain; many many times before," June giggled, reprising her role as Matilda Osborne while the actor who played Father John started undressing her.

Oh God, this was so awkward. I covered Lily's eyes as her mother slash aunt started undressing her co-worker on set. I mean, are kids even allowed on such a set? Shaking my head, literally.

"You're forgiven," the priest told her, and started kissing her neck.

"Oh John," June said, starting to moan.

Gah, I looked away.

"Oh relax," Delilah said, grinning, "this is PG-13. Besides, they're going to be interrupted with June's ex-lover. Exciting right!"

"Meh, I've seen better," I said, and I felt Alex lightly tap my shoulder.

"Do you think she's enjoying this Maxxie?" he said.

"Of course not, dad, I mean uh Alex," Amanda said, still getting used to the whole daughter-from-a-parallel-universe phenomenon. Heck, we were all still trying to get used to it. "She's acting. Besides, she chose you in my reality, and she's definitely going to choose you in this one too."

Alex turned red and I couldn't help but smile. My best friend and I were both in love at the same time.

"Pffft, what does he got that I don't?" a voice grumbled near us. It was Darren, who had previously played the role of Father Arnold. The producer decided to shorten his role and introduce another priest with a longer role. Ouch, right?

"Are you kidding me?", Nancy, one of the screenwriters said. "Have you seen fucking Ralph's abs!" pointing at the actor who was now shirtless with drooling eyes.

The actor Ralph who played Father John was now kissing June, their bodies close against one another.

After Matilda gets shot by Father John, she goes to Heaven and meets Father John, a young priest who she immediately falls for. And this young priest was blonde, tanned, ripped, and in his mid-twenties.

"You're what they call a daddy, Darren," Will, another screenwriter, said.

"But daddies are hot!" Darren said, crossing his arms.

"This is some weird fucked up porn fantasy, but why can't I stop watching?" Nancy whispered, her glasses all fogged up.

"Fuck, I never realized how hot Ralph is," Will added.

"Back off William, I saw him first," Nancy snapped. "He might not even be gay. Plus, you already have a boyfriend."

"So?" Will said. "Who said I can't dabble here and there?"

"You're disgusting," Nancy said, her eyes still fixated on the act.

Amanda gave me a look and we both burst out laughing.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear, and her face lit up at once.

I smiled to myself. I found the love of my life, my soulmate. After everything we've all been through, this was our love story, and it was just beginning. Nothing could go wrong. Right? Wrong. Because what happened in that next minute took a turn to the worse.

Two police officers and a detective walked up to us and asked for Delilah.

"Delilah Weatherman?" the detective said, to which Delilah immediately responded.

"Yes?" she said, her face turning pale.

"You're under arrest for the murder of your husband Tom Griffin six years ago," the detective said.