13. Arrival

Next Chapter 

)Andrea's POV(

     My vision blurred, and I stumbled. Where was I? Something pale blue flashed before my eyes, followed by grey and amber that seemed far more solid than the blue, so I sunk into it. Voices came from all angles, some loud and some soft.

"D'you think she's gonna wake up soon? I feel kinda bad, leaving her dumped there like dead weight."

"Elijah, when do you suppose Audrina will awaken?"

"Elena, she tried to kill you. Fair's fair as far as I'm concerned."

"Audrina? Can you hear me? Audrina?"

"Niklaus, what happened?"

"Yeah, but still. It wasn't her fault, was it?"

" 'But' nothing. End of story."

"Should we call for Father?"

"You're not being fair to her-"

"No! He'll kill her!"

"D'you think she'll be okay?"

"Call for Mother instead."

"You know as well as I that Mother is still grieving Henrik, Elijah."

"Her heartbeat and breathing rate are perfectly fine, and I'd say she'll be up and about before an hour's gone."

"Calm down! Andrea is going to be perfectly fine, maybe a bruise or two, but that's it."

"Then perhaps instead we could fetch Ayana; perhaps she knows something about this."

"I think she's waking up."

"Kol, that may be the most intelligent thing you've ever said."

"Andrea?"

"Shut up, Katavia!"

My eyes fluttered open to see Katavia, Catalina, Niklaus and three people I know I know, but can't put a finger on them.

"Katavia... Catalina... where... what..." I doubled over, coughing as the air stabbed into my lungs.

Catalina anxiously shoved her long brown hair, hair the same color as mine, back from her face. "Audrina, stay still. We are going to find Ayana so she can heal you. Stay still and talk to everyone, okay?"

I frowned weakly. "I- I don't understand..."

"Shh," Katavia cooed. "It's okay."

"Who did this to you?" the boy with dirty blonde hair sliced crookedly demanded.

"There is nothing to be concerned about, Kol," the words flew off my tongue easily, without my control. "I am in perfect health, as Miss Leighton will confirm, should you care for her opinion."

"I don't care what that apothecary woman says," the man with strands of long dark hair retorted.

"Elijah," I protested, "You smother me!"

"It's my job," he shrugged. "And we -the men, Evangeline, not you- are going to slaughter whoever did this monstrosity to you."

"Audrina?" Catalina asked worridly, staring me in the eyes. "Elijah, Klaus, Evangeline and I are going to fetch Ayana. You stay here- no, don't get up, we'll be back in a moment. Lie down and talk to Katavia and Kol."

I struggle to get up and hiss when Kol and Katavia force me down. "Unhand me," I plead.

Kol turns to Catalina, his choppy hair falling in front of his bright eyes. "Are you sure I can't come with you?"