6. Oreos in New York, New York

Heyy, sorry I havn't uploaded sooner.... had to study for massive tests.... oh, and check out my other stories: The Vampire Games (a mix of Vampire Diaries and Hunger Games), The Runaways, and The Memory. Feedback is appreciated, thx!!!!

)Andrea's POV(

Present Day, Manhattan, New York

     Carlotta parked the car, and I glanced at her. We had stopped talking a few hours ago, when she announced the last day she had been in Manhattan- 1881, almost a century and a half ago.

"Ready, Andrea?"

I nodded, and stepped out of the car and into an underground parking lot. Carlotta locked the car, and began following me.

"So, where are we going?" I asked, and she smirked at me.

"No place you've ever been." 

She began guiding me through the city, very sure of herself for someone who claims to have not been here for a hundred-and-thirty-one years.

Carlotta glanced back at me, amused. "A friend was here recently. told me all about it. I was actually planning on coming here sooner or later, anyway. According to Lexi, the shops are fabulous-" She smirked at me again, but in a humorous way, as if she knew something I didn't. "Well, probably not the ones humans go to!"

I was confused, and opened my mouth to speak, when some moron on a horse rode by, almost knocking me off of my feet. 

"Dude!" I cried indigently. "What the hell was that? It's 2012, who rides horses to town, much less on a crowded sidewalk? Imbecile!"

The horse stopped, and the guy riding it turned to stare at me, and that's when I noticed the uniform. A cop. Crap. "Umm.. I- well- it- that- it's- and-" I spluttered.

He scowled at me. "Miss, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take you into custody- well, hello there." His eyes fell on Carlotta, who was twirling her brown hair around her finger and giggling. Seeing she'd gotten his attention, she dropped the slut act, and her eyes went big as she compelled him.

"You are going to get off of your horse, give my sister here," She pointed at me, and the cop's eyes followed her finger, then drifted back to her eyes. "The reins, and then, you and I are going to have a little talk in that alley over there," Carlotta jerked her chin in the direction of the alley. "Are we clear?" She demanded.

"Perfectly clear," he assured her in a monotone voice. Then he dismounted and handed me the reins, which I took with shaking hands, doing something I had never ever done before, and never thought I would- mentally thanking Isobel over and over for supplying me with the greatest defence ever- vervain. 

The cop walked over to where Carlotta was already waiting in the alley, so, seeing as Carlotta had the car keys, I waited for her with the horse, admiring it's jet black coat, pure white mane and tail. "Hello, there," I cooed at it, shaking it's mane. I fiddled with the reins and the stirups, adjusting them to my measurements, when I fell across a name.  

"Giovorgio? No offense, but that's a not a very.... horse-like name, ya know?"

The horse whinnied in agreement, I think. "Hmm, what should I rename you?"

The horse whinied again, and I nodded. "You know, you're right. Oreo is a very good name," I shook his mane again, and Oreo seemed to smirk at me.

"That's your name?" I asked. "Oreo?"

He shook his head up and down, almost as if he were nodding, so I took that as a yes. A few people passing by stared at me as though I was crazy, talking to a horse on 3rd Avenue.