Chapter One

Buzzzz...

Buzzzzzz...

Buzzzz...

I reach out my hand to the floor, and pick up my phone as soon as I find it.

*1 Missed Call: Brian*

I throw the phone to the other side of the room, letting a few tears escape from my eyes, and slide down my cheeks. I can't believe it. I thought he was the one.

Buzzzz...

Buzzzzzz...

Buzzzz...

"Stop fucking calling me!" I yell, like my phone can hear me... Like anybody in this world can hear me.. Nobody can hear my words. Nobody can feel the way I feel right now. I feel like someone stabbed me in the heart, and just keeps twisting it repeteadly so the pain would get worse, and worse, and never disappear. I feel used. I feel alone.

That thought makes me wanna cry so loud. But I don't. I can't. I've cried enough over him. Over the guy I thought I was gonna marry to. Over the guy I thought would be the father of my children. The guy I thought who was perfect...

I just can't believe he did it... And with my fucking bestfriend! Ha.. Best friend.. Yeah, right. The only thing she's done for me was chasing after my guys. Whatever.

I just don't understand... Why? Why did they do this to me? Brian and I were made for each other.. I even remember the first day we met.. I remember it like it was yesterday; I bought myself a coffee, and bumped into him when I turned around - Something that made his white shirt turn into brown. I told him I was gonna pay for his dry cleaning, but he insisted, and said it's fine. He said he'd forgive me only if I had a coffee with him.

If only I said no... If only I was more careful... Then that thing would never have happened... Then I wouldn't find out what happened on the same day of our one-year anniversary. Which was yesterday.

He told me to meet him in the park at 8pm. He said he has a surprise for me. Well, one hell of surprise... I wore my favorite white dress, and my younger twin-sister, Charlotte, had helped me with the make-up, and hair. Once she finished, she let mom come in, and they both told me how beautiful I looked. I've gotta say, it was kinda awkward...

Well, anyway, once they stopped this whole awkward thing, I got to the park, and waited for Brian.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte drove me to the park since I didn't want to ruin my dress, or anything by walking.

Right after I closed the door, Charlotte opened the window, and called me. I spun around to find her smiling at me. "Yeah?" I asked.

"You look amazing." I smiled a toothy smile, and waved at her as she drove off back to the house. I started walking slowly to the place we were supposed to meet - right next to the lake. I sat down on the first bench I found as soon as I got there. I just sat there for a while, and hummed to myself Brian's and my song.

"Flames to dust, love is to friends. Why do all good things come to an end...." I continued humming as I heard my phone ringing. I took it out of my purse, and started to smile as I saw it was Alice, my best friend.

"What's up, Allie?" I asked with a happy tone. "Allie, Are you there?" I asked when she didn't answer and sat still. I heard a few sobs from the other side. "Alice!" I said again. "I'M SO SORRY, DESTINY!" She finally said, breaking into tears. "Alice, why are you crying? What happened?!"