Dreaming of Darcy--Chapter 2

I would love to know what you think of the story so far. I'm not really sure what I think of it myself. Like I said before, if you have any ideas or suggestions, please tell me!! Anyway, thank you for reading my story, it really means a lot! I hope you enjoy. Please vote and comment (I really do read all of them!), it is always much appreciated!

~Dreaming of Darcy~

Chapter 2

-----

How to be like Mr. Darcy...simply add the following to your personality:

a hint of arrogance

a spoonful of charm

a cup of intelligence

a dash of humor

a pinch of everything else

-----

I smiled as I typed 'Gregory Darcy' into the Google search bar. I had gotten home moments earlier and rushed immediately to get my laptop, Katrina trailing slightly behind me. Nate would be here after soccer practice, and I decided it would be a good idea to research while he wasn't around. I would never hear the end of it otherwise.

“You realize that this is probably just a hoax, right?” Katrina asked. She was the most sensible out of the three of us.

“Yes, I do Tri, but I have to find him. I have been searching for someone like him my whole life. You know that.”

“Do you know how hard it will be to find him? There must be a load of other girls just like you out there. He must be quite the ladies man, especially given his newfound popularity. What makes you think that a. you will find hm and b. that he would choose you even if you did. And he might turn out to be a jerkface!"

“Please, don't burst my bubble. Maybe he's not young anyway, then it won't matter. And maybe I won't find him, but it's just something I have to do. And you're going to help me.”

“What about Nate?”

“What about him?”

Suddenly, my door burst open, revealing a very annoyed looking Nate.

Katrina sighed. “Never mind. Hey, Natie, what's the matter?”

“I'll tell you what's the matter. I just spent a half an hour dodging that damned Mason so that he wouldn't follow me here after spending all of soccer practice asking me where Laila was,” he yelled before turning to me. “You'd better do something about him, Laila, because if you don't, I certainly will. I can assure you, that would not be a good thing.”

“Oh, Nate, why does it bother you so much? I mean you and Mason used to be such good friends. What happened? And it's not even you he's harassing, it's me.” As soon as I asked, he and Katrina exchanged a look which they thought I couldn't see. Dummies. “What are you two exchanging looks about now?”

“Nothing.” Katrina quickly said. “Nate, does have a point, you know. You can't keep letting Mason Collins fawn over you like this, especially when you have no interest in him whatsoever.”

“Yeah, it's never good to keep a guy hanging like that. It just makes things progressively worse.”

“But guys, what am I supposed to do? I have tried everything! I have probably turned him down eight times in the last week alone. I almost feel like it's not me he likes, but the idea of having me. Ugh.” Nate and Katrina exchanged another glance. This was getting annoying, but I would ignore it. Nate started harping on about Mason again but I decided not to listen. I had other things to worry about right now. Like how I was going to find Gregory Darcy. Suddenly I remembered that I forgot to look at the Google results. Wow, I thought to myself as I stared speechless at the screen in front of me.

“Shit, Laila, do you ever listen to me? What are you even looking at over there that is more important than the concerns of your best friend.”

“Shut up, Nate. Katrina, come here for a sec.”

“Laila, this better be good. I was just getting comfortable on the—Hot dayum, who is that beautiful man?”

“That beautiful man, as you so eloquently put it, is Gregory Darcy.”