Chapter Three

Alicia Maryhow

********

I can't believe what April told me.. are they really going to adopt him? Not that I care, I just know how April likes Jacob. But I can't blame her, I like Marcus.. I know it's weird because he's more like a best friend but still!

We've been secretly dating for a while now but he's hiding something I should know. I know he's hiding something because every time I ask "Anything I should know?" he gives me that guilty look and says "No," but the thing is, I know when he's lying.

I really want to know, too.

I should ask April, she'll probably know! I know basically everything about her; She's a virgin, she's never kissed anyone, her dad left her and her mom as a child, her mom got remarried, I think I've said too much.

Outgoing Call...

April Leah

"Hello?" her voice sounds all scratchy, maybe like shes been yelling.

"April, hey."

"Oh hey Alicia, what's up?"

I love how there can be something wrong with April but she never shows it or takes it out on anyone.

"Nothing much, I wanted to ask if there was anything you know that Marcus is hiding? He won't tell me worth anything."

April Leah

*******

I'm at home, traipsing about in my room. This isn't happening. My mom is joking... right? Yeah! I smile because I believe she's provoking me like always.

Then, I get a call from Alicia and she wants to know Marcus's secret.

"You're going to have to ask him about that, I don't really know." I lied, protecting Marcus's secret. If I told anyone without his acknowledgment, he'd hate me forever.

"Oh ok. If there's anything you come to find, hit me up!"

*Beep*

That's what I dislike. Alicia needs to know about us but we can't know about her? No way in hell I can stay mad at her though, she's been by my side for years.

"APRIL COME DOWNSTAIRS WE GOTTA TALK." Talk? We never talk unless I'm in trouble, *Gulp* I slide down the rail and hop in front of my mom who has papers in front of her on the table.

"What is it, mom?" I say bluntly, taking my seat across from her.

"Well, your father and I have been talking and..."

"I hate your idea of adopting Jacob and it's very retarded, just like the people on earth. He will find a family, a family probably better than US!" I know that last part probably sounded very cacophonous but it's true.

"Do NOT speak like that young lady. I was saying *AHEM* your father and I were considering adopting Jacob. I know how much I love him and-"

"You have NO idea how much I love him." In anger, I slammed my fist on the table.

"Excuse me?"

"Nothing..." Keeping zero percent eye contact with her and listening seems like the best thing I can do.

"Ok, now that I know it's ok with you, the process of sending the papers will take a while. Go on now, back to your room. And don't come out unless it's clean."

"No! No no no no no! This is not ok with me, it never has been, and it never will be. Can't Tony (April's cousin) or Aunt Jackie (April's Aunt, hence the name) take him?"

"Do what I say. I shouldn't have asked you, what was I thinking? This is a decision for an adult, not a child."

"Child? Mom, you treat me like a child. I'm freaking 16!" I said, emphasising 'treat'

"Because you act so grown, get out my face before I beat you."

I wish she would. "Beat me then."

She raised one eyebrow then stood up from her chair, leaving it to fall. As she was walking toward me, I purposely stomped up to my room.

Jacob Renenzo

*******

•Jacob'sMyName: Hello?

•Jacob'sMyName: April?

She wasn't responding which worried me.

•AprilBabyy: Hey...

•Jacob'sMyName: April!!!! what's good? B-)

•AprilBabyy: Nun..

This was the day I wanted to confess my love for April. I've been resisting because of fear. Fear she wouldn't feel the same for me. Fear things would be awkward between us after. That fear is now put to the side because I've waited too long. Too long to tell her the truth. We're pretty close to tell each other "I love you" but in a brotherly/sisterly way.

•Jacob'sMyName: The Spot plz, lets talk ;))

AprilBabyy: What do u think we r doin now??

•Jacob'sMyName: In person is better. Now GOO!

I signed out and can't wait to see her. Trying my best to avoid my mom questing me, I race to my car and speed to The Spot. Earlier this morning, my parents beat me just for leaving at 5:00 in the morning. That seems to be the only thing they agree on; beating me.

*******

Her car is already here so I exit mine and she's already seated, under our tree. "Hey!" She didn't look too happy.

"Hi Jacob,"

"So um I gotta tell you something." Smiling real hard, I sit down and hold both her hands.

"Really?" She looks up at me and her face brightens. "So do I.." I wonder what she has to say..

"You first!"

"No, you!" Now she looks more happy.

April Leah

*******

Jacob holding my hands made chills run straight up my spine. My cheeks were burning and I guess I'm blushing. Is this how love feels??? If so, I like it! He always makes my forget all the bad things that happened and I feel so safe with him. "Well, April," he scoots closer to me "I've been meaning to tell you this for a real long time and now, I guess I'm pretty much ready. I-i love you, April Leah." Did he jus-Jacob? Loves me?! I was the happiest girl ever!

We hugged for a while and I whispered "Jake, I love you too." Then he leaned in to kiss me but I couldn't let it happen.. but I couldn't push him away! This IS what I want.. right? I want Jacob, RIGHT?!? Just then, our lips met.

Have I ever mentioned I never kissed a guy? Well, except at the club. I'm always kissing Jacob and other random dudes. I never counted them as kisses because I was high, I don't know how to control myself in that position!  

Wow. And my first real kiss is with the guy I love!

And my future brother...

Hey guys! No picture for this chapter, maybe none for the next few. For Chaper Four, I'd like at least five comments/votes. Please, that isnt too many to ask for is it? Well, thanks to you current fans. I'll shut up now, hope you enjoy and bye!!!(: