chapter 5

Chapter 5

Skyler’s POV

Dustan was so fun to take photos of! He was just being his fun self and he was so nice about all the suggestions that I made for photo’s, He would jump right into them. He even let me bury him under the sand and make him look like a mermaid. It was funny he also wanted to bury me and build a castle on top of me, it was so fun but there was sad everywhere afterwards.

Gran even stopped by around lunch time with some snacks for us, she must have seen us from her house and knew we would forget about food. She made us these yummy sandwiches and nice cold lemonade that she made by herself. She stayed to eat them with us on the beach; we sat on a blanket that she had brought with her. I took some cute photos there as well.

Gran only stayed for lunch then left, to go and water her garden. She was very proud of her garden and took good care of it. It was nice to have her around and I was glad that have a grandmother that loved me as much as she did.

We just laid a round on the blanked for some time tanning in the sun, I used Dustan’s chest as my pillow and took the time to look at all the photos that I have taken so far of the day. Dustan looked so happy and relaxed in all of the photos and it just made me think so how I missed his smile in my live.

After about a hour of laying around in the sun I got a great idea for some photos I wanted to take next, as I wasn’t in a lot of them it was going to involve me and Dustan.

What I wanted to do next was set my camera on a flat rock that was far away from the beach where it sort of made a hill so the camera would get both me and Dustan’s bodies in the shot. I then took the distance control of the camera with me so that we could take some photos together.

 We took some photos with funny faces and other where I was on his back and there was this one where he pretended to get on mine and so it went on it was the best.  One time he even gave me a kiss on the cheek I was shocked by his sudden kiss that I turned my head towards him so it made his lips connect with mine. I pulled away really fast not knowing how to react. The thing that surprised me the most was how much I liked that kiss.

Dustan came walking towards me he took then camera and placed it back down on the rock, grabbed my hands in his. He looked at me with such pride in his eyes, but I didn’t know why.

“I’m not going to apologise for that because I liked it, being back here with you just made all the feelings I had for you over the years come back and hit me full on. Sky I missed being with you and I know we were just friends but I want to see if there could be more to us than just friends.” You could see this was what he really wanted.

    I took my right hand and placed it on his cheek holding his face, the whole day was amazing and it was all because of him, how can a girl say no to him.

“We have been friends for so long and when you had to go to collage I was sad and all these feelings started to come out. I started to see you as not just my friend but the guy that has always had my back.” It was all true and saying this out loud made me feel sure about how I felt.

“I want to try us.” Before I could say more he moved closer and took my lips between his in a soft kiss. It was a short kiss but you could feel all the love in his touch and I knew that this was going to work.

Dustan’s POV

I can't believe that I was actually kissing her, and t was just how I remembered it being. I have only kissed her once before and it was just as perfect now as it was back then.

*Flash back*

2 years ago

It was the summer holiday before my last year of school and Sky and I was having a fun day on the beach. We went swimming and even went surfing for some time but Skyler wasn’t being herself. I had started noticing the change in her after she went out with some of her friends here for a movie night a few days ago, she would just blank out for a few seconds and then shake her head.  It was starting to bother me so I decided that before we went home this afternoon I would ask her what’s bothering her and that time was now.

“So Sky would you like telling me why you have been acting so weird for the last couple of days?” she was busy gathering out beach stuff but as soon as I said weird she had stopped what she was doing and looked at me with a odd expression on her face.

“It’s nothing ...” she said so soft I almost didn’t hear it.

“Sky why won’t you tell me? We share everything and now you’re keeping this from me?” it really made me feel sad that she wouldn’t share this with me.

“You would think I’m crazy” she was now looking down at the sand kicking it nervously.

“You know I would never think you are crazy Sky. Now tell me what is wrong so that I can help you.” I took her hand is mine just to show her I was there for her.

“When I was out with my friends they were all talking about how they got there first kiss and how it was like, I felt left out, I couldn’t relate to them. They asked me why I wasn’t sharing my first kiss story and I had to admit to them that I haven’t gotten mine yet.” She looked really sad about it and it made me sad to think that something like that could bother her it never seemed to in the past.

“why don't I give you a kiss and you can go tell then you got your first kiss?” I regretted saying that the moment it came out my mouth. I really like Sky not just as a friend and this could break our friendship.

“you would do that for me?” Sky looked up at me with her eyes wide with hope. I had to do it for her even if she sees this as just me helping her out.

“Yeah sure, if you want to.” I really wanted to kiss her and if this is how then I was going to take my chance.

“Please.” She was looking up at me with so much hope that I just had to kiss her. I took her face in my hands and placed a slow kiss on her lips, her lips fit perfectly with mine and when she started to move her lips in tune with mine the world stopped, that moment right there was just perfect.

*END OF FLASH BACK*

Just like that moment was perfect this one was even more amazing.  When we pulled back I placed my forehead to hers and just enjoyed the moment that we were in. Now that I have here I don't want to let her go ever.