Play It LIke You Mean It: Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Asher, Asher, Asher. It was all I could think about since that kiss yesterday. Sitting in history, Asher was the only thing that was in my mind. I swear, the image of him was practically glued to my brain that I wonder if brain surgery could even get it out.

The bell, thankfully, rang and we all dashed out of class. The school day is finally over, and it was time to face Asher again. I worked hard to hide from him all day, but avoiding him in band practice is impossible. As I entered the band room, I noticed that it was quiet and dark. What the hell? I glance at my watch and it showed 3:00, time for practice. That was when I heard a sound near the platform that was in front of the rows of chairs. Creepy, man.

“God damn it,” I murmured and approached cautiously towards the sound. If something jumps out at me, I swear I’m going to kick their ass so hard that they will fly to China.

That was then when I heard a sound of guitar strings. I froze and turned slowly as the music began to play into a soft melody that made my heart melt. However, that wasn’t the only thing that’s surprising, it was the following thing that took me off guard. Lights then flashed on and I was staring into blue eyes. His voice was soft as he began to sing and play the base guitar, and I couldn’t help stare at him.

It was like I found myself falling,

Unexpected as it was,

You seem to be the only one that’s there,

Whenever I feel trapped, you released me from pain,

Your face, your eyes, and your lips,

Those are the only things that are in my mind

It was like I found myself falling,

Everything about you makes me smile,

The only one that knows,

The only one that sees,

The only one you can make me fall this hard,

It’s you,

And I find myself falling once again.

I stared at Asher, speechless and dumbfounded as he finished the song, and set his guitar down. I was still frozen when he stood in front of me with a soft look on his face.

“So how did you like it?” he asked me.

“That was one of the most beautiful song I have ever heard,” I managed to utter out and he smiled slightly.

“I’m glad you like it. I wrote it with you in mind,” he said and I smiled.

“So where is everyone? I thought there was practice today?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“Practice was cancelled and I needed this room so I could sing that to you,” he told me.

“Thanks Asher,” I smiled and he looked at me for awhile.

“McKayla,” he suddenly stopped and I looked at him curiously.

“McKayla,” he tried again, “I know we don’t know each other that well, but would you go out with me?” he asked almost shyly and I wanted to laugh.

Here was the player that broke almost every girl’s heart, but seems to be nervous asking me out.

“First, let me ask something,” I told him and he nodded.

“Are you asking me because you made a bet with someone or some dared you to?” I asked him with raised eyebrows.

He looked slightly amused, but shook his head. “McKayla, the reason I’m asking you is because I actually like you. Is that so hard to believe?”

I sighed and nodded my head. “Goodbye is all I have ever known, Asher. In the end, everyone leaves,  which is the reason why I tried not to get emotionally close with someone.”

He looked sad when I said that, and unexpectedly, he pulled me into a tight embrace.

“I promise you, McKayla, I’m not going anywhere,” he murmured in my hair and I hugged him tight.

“Yes,” was all I said and he looked at me confuse.

“Yes, what?” he asked and I smiled, “Yes, I will go you with you.”

He smiled and leaned in to kiss me, his piercings against my lips and I smiled. I put my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss into something hotter and faster. Millions and trillions of electricity currents shot through me and I shivered in response. I think my wall might be falling down, one kiss at a time.