Old Nightmares

"Mammon! On your right brother!" Yelled out the darken angel Lucifer an attack from above started heading towards his silver-haired brother.

"Huh... this is...." Mammon thought to himself before he felt something coil around his waist and yank him back with enough force to break his bones had he been human. Blinking in confusion he saw his brother Leviathan in his Demon form.

"Such a loser... you're gonna get killed, go hide if you're gonna just be in the way." He said before retreating back to the battle. The blue-demon blinked as he let the sights of war and bloodshed sink all around him.  Then he heard it, the scream of pain that still haunted him. Looking up he saw Lilith falling. Her wing had been nearly obliterated by the arrow that struck her and she was falling fast. Mammon panicked for a moment trying to think of what could he do. In the distance, he could see Beelzebub diving in the air. For a moment he felt relief. Beel would catch her, he could always be depended on. But as that thought occurred he watched the man in question instead dive to save their youngest brother Belphie. Mammon watched in horror as Lilith fell and he remained frozen in place unable to do anything.

The demon of greed shot out of bed in a gasp and cold sweat. He shook for a moment as he tried to gain his bearings of where he was.

"Just a dream." He thought for a moment before Lilith's scream snuck across his mind again causing his throat to go dry for a moment before his stomach started churning. "There had been so much blood." He thought before the churring became unbearable. He bolted from his bed and headed straight to his private bathroom. Immediately after reaching the toilet, the demon dropped to his knees and began to upchuck all that he had eaten for dinner and then some.  It was the same nightmare he had at least once a week. The day they lost the battle over heaven, the day they were cast aside and the day they lost their sister.

After a few minutes, he leaned his head against the toilet seat letting his body catch a breath of air after puking so much.

"The nightmares are getting worse." He thought before leaning up to grab a towel to wipe away the tears that forced themselves out when his stomach did the same to a string of food remaining on his tan chin. He inhaled sharply as he tried to calm himself down and not work himself into another panic attack. This was truly unbecoming for a demon. If any of his brothers saw him like this, he would never live it down. And since he and his brothers were immortal, that meant they would ensure that fact. He sighed before standing up to head back to bed.

"Wonder how late I managed to sleep in this time." He thought before fishing out his D.D.D. from under the covers. His eyes widened when he saw the flashing light signaling he had an unread message. For a moment he felt sick again, worried that it might be one of the witches messaging to ask him to bring her a date or something else that was pure vain and made him feel lower than he was feeling now. He tossed his phone onto the other side of the bed. Those witches were something he'd deal with tomorrow. Right now he didn't want anyone to see him. He was so focused on his resolve until a familiar ringtone, that made him feel like someone just lit a candle in his blackened room, rang filling the room with its blissful sound. The demon spent not a moment of hesitation as he dove for his phone nearly dropping it off the side of the bed in the process.  He knew that ringtone meant only one person.

Mammon: H-hello...?

(y/n): *yawn....* Hey Mammon... Are you okay?

The demon's eyes widened at your concern, but he immediately turned to his natural reflex.

Mammon: "O-of course I'm okay. No, I'm better than okay I'm THE GREAT MAMMON!"