Chapter 3: Dad Wei and Son Wei

Shen Wei returned home at evening, only to find his Fanwei sleeping silently on a couch, who was earlier waiting for his father's return. His apartment is not too far away from Dragon City University, in which he is the Professor.

Shen Wei loves his son so much as he was the only one in his family along with his didi Yezhun. He smiled softly staring at Fanwei that how cutely he is slept in wait of him exactly same like someone.

Shen Wei moved close to Fanwei and gave him a soft kiss on his forehead. Then he sat next to him, caressing his bird nest hair which again makes him to remember someone and that made him feel little pain inside his heart.

~*~*~*~

Fanwei woke up and found that his dad is back home and is now in the kitchen, making food for dinner which was smelling very nice.

He went to the kitchen and embraced dad from the back. Shen Wei smiled and turned back to hug him firmly.

"Dad you came? why didn't you woke me up?"

"You were sleeping so sweetly that i didn't wanted to disturb."

"Oh dad! You are always so sweet. Let me help you in making this". Fanwei said watching the food being prepared.

"Don't worry son! I won't ruin your favourite hotpot.

"No dad! That's not the case, you make the best and most delicious food in this world and by the way you like hotpot more than me. Don't you?"

Shen Wei curved his lips into smile towards Fanwei. "Yes I like it but I will prepare it so don't worry."

"Ok fine dad. Now don't stop me to wash your clothes in laundry. I can do that much work."

With that Fanwei went to the room leaving Shen Wei who was about to say something but didn't said. Fanwei is a well cultured good son who helps his dad in every way possible. He had learned all this courtesy and politness from none other than Shen Wei.

Fanwei find his dad's last worn clothes and he finds his dad's formal attire which he was wearing today kept in laundry which are rarely found dirty but today.

Fanwei saw that clothes are dirty with dust and mud like a toddler plays in the mud.

Fanwei got shocked and immediately went towards the kitchen where Shen Wei was taking dishes in the cupboard.

"Dad why are your clothes so dirty unlike usual?"

Shen thought in his mind that why he didn't washed those clothes before but now nothing can be done. So he he told son wei in normal tone: "Oh! I just got slipped on footpath while walking don't worry nothing serious!"

"My cautious dad can't fall so easily!" Fanwei was not ready to buy it.

"Thanks for the complement but that's what happened wei. Don't worry I'm fine son!" Shen wei gave assuring smile to him but behind that smile he was worried.

Shen's mind was running somewhere else 'When will he become serious about his own life?'
'What if something bad happens to him?'
'Noo! He will be fine!'

"Ok dad! but be careful next time." Fanwei said only to bring back his dad to reality from his thoughts.

"Yes! He will be careful. I'll make sure." Shen Wei's said impulsively, something which he shouldn't.

Before Fanwei could react or say something Shen Wei immediately said "I mean your dad will be careful. I will make that sure." And again got lost in his thoughts.

'Why is dad acting so differently?' this question came in Fanwei's mind.
Fanwei was an innocent child, he does not have that cat brain which is active every second, like his naughty didi Fusheng. Plus he doesn't irks anyone for answering him if they don't want to. So he kept his question to himself seeing his dad's uncomfortable expression.