Chapter 4

Narrator's POV:  

In the evening, The Furious Five and Umbra were making their way to the bunkhouse, which sits high on a hill, led by a palace goose with a lantern. They were making fun of Po along the way. 

Mantis: There's no words.

Crane: No denying that. 

Viper: I don't understand what Master Oogway was thinking. The poor guy's just going to get himself killed!

Crane: He is so mighty! The Dragon Warrior... fell out of the sky on a ball of fire! 

Mantis: When he walks, the very ground shakes! 

Everyone began to laugh at Mantis's joke except for Tigress and Umbra. 

Tigress: One would think that Master Oogway would choose someone who actually knew kung fu. 

Umbra: And that is why, Tigress, that you and the others were chosen to be the Furious Five. All of you were born with talents and you made good use of them. I highly doubt that the Panda has anything to show to us.

Monkey: I can agree on that, Master. Too bad none of us were chosen to be the Dragon Warrior.

Umbra: Do not be discouraged that none of you have become the Dragon Warrior. Shifu and I are already proud of what you Five have accomplished and you should all be. Never forget that, Monkey.

As they continue to walk, Crane and monkey were joking around about Po's toes.

Crane: I bet he is someone who could at least touch his toes.

Monkey: Or even see his toes. 

Crane, Monkey, Mantis, and Viper continue to laugh at their jokes as they were nearing at the bunkhouse. When they arrived, Umbra went in front of the Fives. 

Umbra: Alright, let's call it for the day, students. Tomorrow is another day for our 'Dragon Warrior'. We shall see what other 'talents' he has for us tomorrow. Good night to you all. 

Furious Five: Good Night, Master Umbra. 

All of them entered and went to their respective rooms. Po merges out in the rock making his way to the bunkhouse. He tip-toe his way to the hall but each step he makes creates a squeak noise. As Po takes one gentle step, his foot went through the floor. Po pulled his foot back and fell to Crane's room. Both made eye contact with each other. 

Po: Oh hey... hi. You're up.

Crane: I am now.

Po:  I was just, uh... Some day, huh? That kung fu stuff is hard work, right? Your biceps sore?

Crane: Um... I've had a long and rather disappointing day, so uh...yeah, I should probably get to sleep now.

Po: Yeah yeah yeah, of course.

Crane: Yeah, thanks. 

Po: It's just... I'm such a big fan. You guys were totally amazing at the Battle of Weeping River. Outnumbered a thousand to one, but you didn't stop, and then you just... WA-YA-HA-HA HI-YAH!

Po was doing a few kung fu moves and ends up kicking through the wall.  Po looks at the wall and sees Monkey on the other side. Monkey glared at Po.

Po: Ooh, sorry about that.

Crane: Look, you don't belong here.

Po:  I know. I know. You're right. I just— my whole life, I've dreamed of-

Crane: No no no... I meant you don't belong here. I mean, in this room. This is my room. Property of Crane.

Po: Oh, okay. Right right. Yeah, you want to get to sleep.

Crane: yeah. 

Po: I'm keepin' you up. We got big things tomorrow. Goodnight. Sleep well.

Po left crane's room and took a deep breath. He speaking to himself. 

Po: Seemed a little bit awkward...

Po was about to enter his room until something caught his attention. At the very end of the hall, a door was slightly open. Po was curious. He wanted to see what's in it. He silently made his way to the door and peaked what's inside. He was completely shocked at what he discovered at Umbra's room. A female human? meditating in Umbra's room?

Humans were the rarest species and there weren't many of them living in the world anymore. This was all new to Po. He backed away quietly, trying to avoid alerting his presence. 

Tigress: What are you doing? 

Po was startled by Tigress's sudden appearance. Po tried to act normal. 

Po: Master Tigress! Didn't mean to wake you. I was just, uh—

Tigress: You don't belong here.

Po: Uh, yeah, of course. This is your room—

Tigress: I mean... you don't belong in the Jade Palace. You're a disgrace to kung fu, and if you have any respect for who we are and what we do, you will be gone by morning.

Tigress was about to slide her door shut but she stopped. She looked at Po one more time.

Tigress: Oh, a word of advice. Don't sneak up on Umbra's room like that again. He takes it personally when somebody peaked in his privacy.  

She closes her door, dismissing Po, who looked dejected and saddened.

Po: Big fan...

Po decided to go out in the bunkhouse to clear his mind. He sat in peachtree of the hill, eating some peaches. He didn't notice Oogway was approaching him from behind. 

Oogway:  I see you have found the Sacred Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom.

Po: Is that what this is? I am so sorry. I thought it was just a regular peach tree.

Oogway:  I understand. You eat when you are upset.

Po: Upset? I'm not upset. What makes you think I'm upset?

Oogway: So why are you upset?

Po: *sigh* I probably sucked more today than anyone in the history of kung fu, in the history of China, in the history of sucking.

Oogway: probably.

Po: And the Five...and Umbra... man, you should have seen them, they totally hate me.

Oogway: Totally.

Po: How's Shifu ever going to turn me into the Dragon Warrior?  I mean, I'm not like the Five or Umbra. I've got no claws, no wings, no venom. Even Mantis has those...thingies. I don't even know how to use a sword or shoot with a bow. Maybe I should just quit and go back to making noodles.

Po sat down, with the look of defeat. Oogway stared at Po and gave him a smile.

Oogway: Quit, don't quit. Noodles, don't noodle. You are too concerned with what was and what will be. There's a saying: Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present.

Oogway hits the tree with his staff as he walks away, and a peach falls into Po's open paw. Po looked at Oogway and spoked. 

Po: Master, there is something I want to ask you?

Oogway: ask away. 

Po: *clears throat* I kind of peaked on Master Umbra's room...and I  saw a woman meditating in there. Do you know who this woman is?

Oogway: *sigh* As expected.

Po: What? 

Oogway: I think it will be best if you seek the answers to Umbra himself. He or probably 'she' might give you a full explanation. You will know when the time comes.

Oogway left Po, giving him some space to think. Po was still having questions in his mind. What did he mean about 'she might give you a full explanation." Po shakes that thought off and thinks about ways to impress everyone tomorrow. He went back to the bunkhouse and called it for the night. 

  End of Chapter.