Chapter 2: Spies

SPOILER ALERT! GREYSON COMES UP IN THE NEXT CHAPTER :D PLEASE READ ANYWAYS! LOVE YOU <3

To people who've been with me forever, you're probably not surprised. You know my writing. I take a while to put Greyson in ;)

 ♒♫♒

Chapter 2: Spies

"Hey guys," I threw out to friends I haven't seen in forever. Hayden, Jayce and I headed down to the beach, which was a five minute walk away from school grounds. When the splashing water and white sand came into view, a leisure sigh escaped all of us. We could also noticed that it was filled with other students too that came to take a break and hang with friends.

"I missed you so much." I looked to my side and saw Hayden rolling in the sand.

"Sweet, sweet Cali beach."

"You act as if you've been seeing snow for the past five years."

"So you don't miss this place?" Jayce scoffed, lying in the sand already. I sat down beside them both.

"I never said that. I just think Hayden is being dramatic."

"When is he not?"

"True."

"Hello? I'm right here, in case you forgot." Hayden rolled his eyes. Then he sat up upbruptly and wolf whistled.

"This year is already starting off nice..."

Jayce and I raised our glasses and followed his gaze to a bunch of girls in their swimsuits, splashing in the ocean waves.

"I'd tap that."

"Jayce!" I slapped his arm. "No one night stands!"

"I was just saying..."

Guys these days. Unbelievable. What is it with their hormones? I will just never understand. 

I exhaled through my nose letting sand seep between my toes. I felt so relaxed. But I was certain it wouldn't last long this year. Senior years were the most important. Here, you especially have to work hard. You're going to have to determine the rest of your life.

"Hey guys." We moved our attention to the sound of the familiar voice. "What's up?"

I smiled when I saw Mason and reached up to give him a hug. "Hey! How have you been?"

"Fine."

We sat down and the other two guys chatted him up. I furrowed my eyebrows at Mason. His mood seemed weak. Then I realized there was someone missing beside him.

"What happened." I asked seriously, already a little pissed, even though I didn't have all the facts. I could be wrong...

Not likely.

"Alice broke up with me when we met up earlier."

"What?" Hayden and Jayce asked in shock.

"Hmm?" I gestured for him to continue, mentally scowling at Alice. That loser.

"I don't know guys. We hung out yesterday. Everything was fine. When I got here, she talked to me, and then dumped me. It was so blunt. Then she walked away."

"This doesn't really make sense," I narrowed my eyes. "Did you guys have intercourse?"

"Nope."

"Then I don't get what could've gone wrong. You dated for a month. That's the longest she's ever gone without breaking somebody's heart. I thought she maybe even changed. But you know what they say, old habits die hard. I'd kill to figure out what went through her mind when she broke up with you."