Chapter Forty-Eight

The next few days seemed to drag with school, I was still keeping on top of my grades, I sighed, I would get my exams results today. I was handed a letter, containing the very results I worked so hard to get. I sighed, tucking it into my bag for safe keeping. I didn't want to look, what if I failed? I sighed as I opened the door to my house, pulling the letter out and dropping the bag at the door. The doorbell rang, I spun around and opened it with a confused look. Elijah stood on the other side.

"Miss Jordan."

"Elijah." I bowed me head, walking out onto the porch. He eyed the letter in my hand. "Exam results." I answered the look. He gave me a knowing look before he smiled.

"And?" he asked.

"I'm too scared to open and find out." My eyes were wide as I looked back at the letter of doom in my hand.

"May I?" he asked with a chuckle. I handed it over to him and he opened it. my nerves were running rampant and I could my body tense. He opened the letter slowly, his eyes scanning it. I covered my face, unable to watch him.

"Congratulations. High marks, 99%" he informed me.

I snatched the paper from his hand, reading it for myself. he was right, high marks and 99 percent. I squealed and jumped up and down.

"I passed. I passed." I sung happily. I threw myself at Elijah, hugging him in my moment of joy. I pulled back, looking down, feeling my cheeks warm.

"Sorry." I murmured.

"No, by all means. I am happy for you."

"Thanks. Man, I can breathe to much easier now." I hunched over, smiling as I had passed my exams with flying colours.

"I am pleased to hear it."

I looked up at him before his smile fell off his face, turning into a small frown.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I have found Kol's whereabouts, but I am unable to get close enough..." he trailed off.

"Where? Maybe I can?" I offered. Elijah shook his head quickly.

"I will find a way. Kol is very fond of you, I believe you are good for him and if anything were to happen to you, he would not handle it." I nodded, feeling a little uneasy. Kol was in trouble and need help.

"Ok." I nodded. I had no idea what else I could say?

"I wish to keep you informed, Jordan."

"Thank you, Elijah."

I watched him gracefully walk down my steps before he blurred, leaving me standing on the porch alone. 

I sat in the living room; Elena was sprawled out on the couch. I handed her my exam results.

"I'm so proud of you." She was already on the floor, pulling me into a bear hug. I laughed as she kissed the side of my head constantly.

"Thanks." I laughed. Jeremy walked into the house, giving us a weird glance.

"Brainiac aced the exams. 99 percent." Elena informed him. Jeremy grinned before joined Elena in smothering me with their love. Personally, I didn't mind. We heard Elena's phone ringing, she answered it. Jeremy and I listened as the smile dropped form her face and she was standing on her feet. when she hung up, we looked at her confused.

"Tyler and some Hybrids are planning on attacking Klaus tonight."

We headed over to the Salvatore's Damon scowled when seeing me.

"Do we really need, carebear here?" he gestured. i grabbed his wrist walking past, siphoning him. he groaned in pain before I let go and continued into the house.

"Yep." Stefan answered with a grin.

Damon stumbled, rubbing his wrist, sending me a small glare. I stood, Jeremy standing beside me and Elena on the other side. I was surprised when she hadn't snapped at me for hurting Damon.

"What's the plan?" I asked. 

We all moved into position, Damon and I were strolling down the street, making it look like we were grabbing coffee.

"Why do you always insult me?" I grumbled.

"Who else will insult you if I don't?" he shot back. I rolled my eyes, feeling annoyed. I thought we would have gotten passed this. I heard him sigh, turning to give him a sideways glance. "I care for you Jordan. I don't want to see you hurt."

"I can take care of myself." I huffed. He was treating me like a child, and I was anything but.

"Yes, I know but you never wanted to be brought into this." His tone was serious.

"Yes, but it keeps following me around like......" I froze when spotting someone. "Klaus." I finished. Damon snorted.

"Yes, he does seem to follow the innocent around." Damon joked.

"Ah, Damon and Jordan, fancy seeing you out here. Am I intruding?" he asked.

"In fact, you are." Damon replied, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I avoided eye contact with Klaus, not wishing to get his attention. "Jordan passed her exams. I am treating her." Damon smiled.

"Congratulations." Klaus said, directing his attention to me. I smiled and thanked him before skating my eyes away.

"So, what brings you out and about?" Damon asks politely. I noticed that he had moved so his body was slightly in front of mine. I felt grateful, forgetting my anger at him.

"You know, needing to remind people of who I am." Klaus shrugged casually.

I felt uncomfortable and wished I had agreed to go with Stefan. I had the choice of either going with Stefan or Damon. Stefan was guarding Tyler's house, keeping track of his every move. Damon was going into town, patrolling for hybrids. I cursed myself, I should have stuck with Stefan. Damon was like a Klaus magnet.

"What's the lovely Elena up to tonight?" Klaus asked.

I rubbed my arms, feeling a chill running down my spine.

"Waiting for us, so, as much as this is a pleasure, we must go." Damon said, pushing me behind him as to make us leave.

"Very well, enjoy your evening." Klaus smirked, watching us leave. I let out the breath I was holding.

"He always creeps me out." The words were out my mouth before I could control it.

"I know, he creeps everyone out." Damon agreed.

We met up with Elena and Bonnie.

"We ran into Klaus." I informed them as soon as we saw them.

"Eww." Bonnie crinkled her nose and I nodded in agreement with her. Elena's eyes scanned me quickly.

"Are you hurt?" she asked, stepping closer.

"No." I shook my head. She relaxed a little.

We heard our phones go off, Caroline sending a message that Klaus was at the Grill, torturing her and Matt. I smiled.

"Plan B." Damon smiled. we all went our separate ways; I was pretending to go home. I walked up the porch steps, waving as Elena drove off. I waited until she turned the corner in her car before running to mine, jumping in and heading over to the Mikaelson's.