Chapter 3

3 

For a newly establish fashion house, who just made their debut known two years ago. BEAU fashion house continues its escalating success. Last year they boomed through their sales of quota by more than a $20 million dollars.

Erin was on top of the game by making their brand internationally known. She had won the respect and perhaps, the unsolicited envy of the people in the world of fashion. Her designs were edgy, crafted by skilled hands, most importantly street smart and wearable. She understood perfectly every angle, curve, and shape of a woman with analytical eye.

That morning they had a scheduled meeting with the executive editor of Vogue Italy. She waited for Nicolay's arrival by her office.

By the time she has to meet Latisha Sullivan, no Nicolay showed up.

No Nicolay means she had no materials to showcase to the Italian Editor. And that spells for a total recipe for disaster.

"Hi, you must be Ms. Sullivan. " She smiled curtly to Latisha and outstretched her arms offering a handshake.

Taking her hands in her, Latisha watched through her lashes. "Yes. And you must be Erin Addams, "She acknowledges in a purr, her thick Italian accent noticeable. "And where is Mr. Nicolay Bishop?" 

She glanced at her watched, and back at Latisha. "I'm afraid, Mr. Bishop is unable to join us today Ms. Sullivan." Erin said, as she ushered her through her chair. "Now, let's get down to business, shall we?"

Erin was anxious, but nobody from the room could tell. Failure is not an option. Erin reminded herself.

Latisha found the Filipina beauty intriguing. Erin was small brunette with an engaging talent and oozing with charm and professionalism. She likes how she carried her own brand with power woman should possess in, and out of the corporate world.

The Italian rosé is expecting a positive feedback once she had published the latest issue of Vogue Italy with BEAU featured on it. 

Erin chided herself, and masked her growing foul mood. Later, she'll deal with it. Now she has more important things to focus onto. She had taken few slow calming breaths, and pulled out her tablet. She summoned up courage and squared her shoulders. With calm and determination, she had managed to improvise in a matter of seconds.

"Ms. Addams, I'd like to see more flexibility regarding your designs." 

Erin nodded, "Yes, of course. I understand."

Latisha shook her head. "I don't think we are on the same page Ms. Addams."

"Very well then, please enlightened me?" Erin was a in a bundle of nerve, but she told herself to calm down.

"Don't get me wrong, I take dearly fond of your work. But—?

Erin sat straight and alert, "But what?" she asked, her voice full of uncertainness.

"I want to know why you never design for men."

"I beg your pardon?" Erin did her best to keep her tone light.

"Ms. Addams, I don't see how difficult it is. All I was asking was, why aren't you designing any men clothes? Why? Unless, you have any enmity for men in particular I would gladly park that question aside." Latisha pressed. 

Consider yourself dead! This is your entire fault Nick, if I get my hands on you Nicolay Bishop! She cursed mentally in her mind.

"No, that won't be necessary." Erin's voice sharpens in defense. "It's just that I really don't think I can do it as good as I can with women's clothes."