Chapter 3 : Big Tensions

- Many Years Later -

Hanzo Hasashi stood silently inside the Shirai Ryu Temple's armory on his own. In front of him, there was a metal screen, keeping the otherside completely isolated from the rest of the world. The reason was that, if anyone reached what was there, bad things could happen. Indeed, Netherrealm's Kamidogu dagger was at the very inside of this cell, since Raiden decided to give it to Scorpion so he would look after it.
Speaking of the devil, a huge thunder broke the silence and made the spectre quickly turn around to see who the uninvited guest was. But Hanzo easily let down his guard, as the Thunder God appeared in front of him.
"Raiden ?!"
"I am sorry to intrude, Hanzo." he answered. Raiden glanced at the dagger that Scorpion was looking at a second ago, then added. "You safeguarded the dagger I gave you. Good."
"Did you come here to audit me ?" Hanzo asked.
The Thunder God turned at the specter to respond properly. "No. I am here to warn you. The Netherrealm invasion damaged cosmic barriers that protect Earth from realms beyond."
As Scorpion frowned, Raiden continued. "Before I could repair them, something broke through. A powerful demon from another realm. This being will seek to disarm earth's champions, and there are far fewer of you than there was."
"Whose fault do you suppose that is ?" Scorpion asked bitterly.
The Thunder God sighed to these words. Before he left, he told to the spectre. "I must warn the others. Beware the one who walks in silence."
Raiden then vanished under Scorpion's gaze, leaving him all alone once again.

- At the same moment -

Inside the special forces' HQ, Sonya walked inside the base towards a highly secured prison cell, followed by a few soldiers and a scientist who tried to convince her. "Colonel Blade, please. He's the Emperor of Outworld"
"Disputed emperor." she corrected him.
"The generel's orders were clear : don't start an interrealm war."
"You forget I have a mother's touch ?"
"Yes..." the scientist said. "About that... Cassie snuck off the base this morning. Again."
Sonya sighed and the scientist added. "We can send a team to Johnny's..."
"No." she cut him off. "If she wants to be with her father, let him deal with her. That'll be all, goodman."
To these words, the scientist stopped, letting Sonya approach the cell locked by a metallic door. At this exact moment, Sakuya teleported inside the base, bringing all the attention to her, including Sonya's, who turned to face her and gave her a quick nod as a salute.
The Nature Goddess approached her, and the General asked. "Raiden is not with you ?"
"He was not available. Why did you need me ?"
Sonya turned back at the locked door and put her hand on the biometric device, making the machine identify her. A robotic voice announced. "Colonel Blade identified. Access granted."
As the door slowly opened, Sakuya could only identify Kotal Kahn. The two others — a female insectoid and a cow-boy, were chained inside the cell with him, and both Sonya and Sakuya approached them.
Sonya then turned at the Nature Goddess, and responded. "I have some unexpected guests." She then told to the emperor : "Kotal Kahn, you picked a bad day to visit."
"As people say." he answered. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."
"What brings you here ?" Sakuya asked.
"I have been at war with Mileena for ten years." he responded. "That fight for the throne has ravaged Outworld, we are diminished." As the two women were listening, Kotal Kahn added : "Mileena is in league with the Red Dragon here in Earthrealm. I come to eradicate them with the aid of my deadliest warriors, D'Vorah and Erron Black. Aid us, or Earthrealm will suffer Outworld's fate."
"Sounds like a threat, Emperor." Sonya mocked. "Earth fights our own battles. Go fight yours in Outworld."
"Sonya." Sakuya called her. "Do not react so hastily. Mileena is a threat to all the realms. She can be as dangerous as Shao Kahn if we do not fight back."
"And what tells you that he is not ten times worse ?" Sonya asked referring to Kotal who frowned as she spoke.
Sakuya then turned at the emperor and responded. "I know Kotal Kahn well. Trust me."
As the general smirked, she started to turn her back and walk away, as she said. "Sorry, not convinced."
"Do not turn your back on emperor Kotal Kahn." D'vorah threatened her.
"As my people say." Sonya said back. "We're done here."
"This one says we're not !"
In the blink of an eye, D'Vorah set one of her pincers free and tried to attack the general from her back, but she quickly noticed her and catched her pincer, saying. "Don't even try it !"
She then teared off D'Vorah's ovipositor and kicked her in the face, breaking her jaw. Quickly, Erron Black and Kotal Kahn broke their chains to fight back, as the emperor told : "We are not here for kombat ! Please Colonel, we must forge an alliance. The fate of our worlds depend on it !"
The soldiers pointed their weapon towards them while one of them yelled. "Hands up ! Freeze, or we'll open fire."
It all escalated so quickly, Sakuya didn't know what to do.
"By the gods, Raiden." she murmured to herself. "Where are you ?"