Green Eyes

"Wendy, we are leaving in five, you better be ready!"

I tied a ribbon on the end of my rich brown braid as I yelled back, "I'm almost done."

I smiled pleased with my look, not knowing how exactly I made myself look this good in just ten minutes.

I slipped on my private school approved low, black, shiny heels, and tossed my light grey blazer on my shoulders as I rushed out my room and made my way downstairs to my awaiting family.

"Wendy?" I glanced at my baby brother and saw him trying hard to tie his shoes but failing each time.

"Oh, you poor thing!" I chuckled and kneeled to tie his little shoes and patted his head. "There, now you can take over the world without tripping."

"Because that would be bad."

I giggled and nodded, "Worse than taking over the world."

"Can't let all the peasants see their ruler trip." I stood up and rubbed his head, "No you can't Michael."

"Mike, where's your backpack?" My mother walked out of the kitchen with her scowl already in place, "We are leaving, get it now." Michael nodded and ran fast upstairs to find his backpack.

"Is a little early don't you think?" Mother glared at me, "School starts in half an hour and I have to take both of you, I think it's rather late."

I sighed and began making my way outside, "I meant for you to be this angry."

I tried to ignore my mother's erratic tantrums all the way to school while also cheering little Michael up, I cannot let a six year old arrive to school crying.

"Now if any boy, girl or teacher is mean to you remember-"

"To call you immediately, I know big sis. Go, mommy looks angry." I smiled and nodded, "You go, and be safe." He nodded and ran to the big doors that should keep him safe for the next seven hours. I sighed and made my way to the car to again be welcomed with another fight about how I was wasting her time.

My mother was not always like this, always angry and fighting. She used to be as sweet as sugar until she gave birth to Michael. Is not Michael's fault though, is what happened on that day that completely changed her.

"Get out; I have to go to work." I nodded and got out, carefully making my way around the car, "See you at five, and remember to pick Michael up at three!" She simply drove off, not a single care given.

I sighed and made my way inside the most prestigious private school in the city, which my grandparents' inheritance pays for me. Just as the door closes behind me, the bell rings and a swarm of teenage bodies begin to simultaneously make their way to class. I ignored the warning bell and made my way to my locker wondering if today will be just like the last . . . and the other ones that came before.

A note fell to the floor. I picked it up and read it,

"I understand your girly point of view (yes, GIRLY) but green is still a much better color. Is the color of nature and money, two of the greatest thing in this life, so there, I win. Now, what is your favorite animal?

PS. Give your mother some nighttime medicine, it will leave her all woozy! Problem solved."

I get these letters every day, and I have yet to meet my pen pal, I do not even know his/her name. They just randomly began appearing in my locker, saying to leave my response also in my locker. I do not know how he/she puts and/or gets these letters in and out of my locker. It is disturbing but somewhat thrilling. It makes me happy to see someone paying so much attention to me.