0.0

"Hey, are you okay?" I ask, running to catch up with the lilac haired boy. I fall into step with him, but he doesn't acknowledge my presence. I frown, realizing that he's mumbling to himself. I reach out and grab his arm lightly, pulling him to a stop. He doesn't turn to face me, so I step in front of him. "Are you okay?" I repeat my question. No response, just mumbling. I sigh in frustration. "What's your name?"

To my surprise, he looks up, meeting my eyes. God, his eyes are so pretty. Like emeralds. I snap myself out of it. The color of his eyes isn't important, because there are tears in them, and I need to know why. The boy looks hesitant, but he opens his mouth. "I, uh..." he stumbles over his words, trailing off in confusion, frowning. I give him an encouraging smile. "M-Mich--shut up!" He's suddenly shouting, and I flinch in alarm. I didn't say anything? "You don't even know him, don't talk to him!"

The boy looks angry, but not angry at me. I begin to question him, but he cuts me off. "M-Michael." His voice turns softer as he utters his name--and what a beautiful name it is--but his eyes quickly fill with terror and his voice raises. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! Please!"

-

A/N: hi friends okay so this isn't my first fic but i've deleted the rest, casually mentioning that. i'm not sure what i'm doing honestly but i'm excited to write this and i'm muke af so...yeah. also i have no personal experience with dissociative identity disorder, but i'm doing some research, and i'm going to write it as honestly as i can. if my portrayal of it is inaccurate, i would appreciate it if you would kindly correct me. so...yeah. thank you for reading?? yeah okay i'm really awkward bye