1.2

A/N: PRETEND THAT MICHAEL AND LUKE ARE BOTH JUNIORS SO THEY'RE 16/17 K COOL BYE

LUKE'S P.O.V.

We're laying on Michael's bed, his head on my shoulder, my arm loosely around his neck. It took a bit of convincing to get him in the position--"What are we doing?" "We're cuddling." "Why?" "Shhh, Michael. No words, just cuddles."--but eventually, he complied. There are other positions I would've preferred, but I don't want to rush Michael. I'm trying to make my affections--whatever they may be--clear to him without using words. After all, actions speak louder than words.

While we're on the topic, I must admit, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what it is that I feel for Michael. When I followed him into the hallway that day, it was because I felt drawn to him. I couldn't explain it, it was like the universe was trying to tell me something. So I followed him.

Now, I've never been the 'dominant' one in a relationship, but I feel this urge, this need to protect Michael from everyone and everything that could possibly hurt him--including Gordon. Unfortunately, I don't think I can protect him from the bully his mind has created.

"Luke?" Michael asks softly, snapping me back to reality. His voice is slightly muffled, as his face is buried in the fabric of my t-shirt.

"Mmm?" I hum in response.

"Why did you move here?" he asks, curiosity lacing his words.

I freeze, my heart beating loud in my throat. "Michael, maybe--"

"You said you would save the story for a different day," Michael points out shyly, and he's right. "But, y-you don't have to. Not if you don't want to, I'm s-sorry."

Hearing him stumble over his words--like he's afraid to talk to me--feels like a stab to the heart. It's enough to make me tell him. I want him to trust me. "No, you're right," I say, and I feel him sigh with relief. I chuckle. "Um, it's not exactly a happy story, though." I feel Michael nod, so I take it as a sign to continue. If I'm being perfectly honest, it isn't something I want to think about, let alone talk about. Though the events are recent, I've all but buried them in my brain, and now I must dig them back up.

"Well, I came out as gay about a year ago, like I've told you," I start. "But I didn't want to."

"What do you mean?" Michael asks.

I sigh, already feeling that my heart strings are being tugged on. "There was this boy, his name was Ashton. He was popular, but like...the good way. He was everyone's friend, and everyone loved him. He was in the closet like me, and we met at a party, and after accidentally telling him about my sexuality, he took interest in me." I take a shuddering breath, and I continue. "It was in secret, of course. He didn't want to come out and I didn't either, but he wanted to date me--secretly. Looking back, I realize that it wasn't because he liked me, it was probably because I was the only boy who would let him in their pants..." I inhale sharply, flinching at the memory.

I continue, "It was great at first. We would hang out at each other's houses and do normal things like play video games and...make out." I blush at that, thankful that Michael can't see my face. "But he started to pressure me into going further, and I didn't want that. I was like, fifteen. He didn't care. He was seventeen and needy, as he told me. I was so scared of losing him that I just...I went with it, I guess--" I cut off abruptly, trying to collect my thoughts. Taking notice of my silence, I feel Michael intertwine our hands, and give mine a reassuring squeeze. It's enough to motivate me to continue.

"After the first time, he changed completely. He became demanding and harsh...abusive, I guess. He h-hit me a few times." Michael kisses my arm to let me know that he's there, and that he cares. "Eventually I couldn't take anymore of it. I broke up with him, and he was angry about it. So he outed me to the whole school." Michael gasps, and I grimace at the memory.

"Lukey--"

Though Michael's pet name for me is absolutely adorable, I have to finish. If I don't finish now, I never will.

"I began to get beat up by everyone, including Ashton. Teachers began to treat me differently--poorly--and I was a social reject. I came home everyday with new bruises, and my mom had had enough of it."

Michael is now sitting up, still tucked under my arm, facing me. He reaches a shaking hand up to brush a stray tear off my face, one I hadn't even realize had fallen. "I'm sorry, Lukey," he says, sounding sincere. He rubs my back comfortingly. "I'm so, so sorry. You didn't deserve that."

What Michael doesn't realize is that the things that were done to him are probably so much worse, but I can't tell him that. It's not my place. Instead, I pull Michael close to me, burying my face in his faded purple hair, and I try to ignore the fact that he's partially in my lap. "It's okay," I breathe out, so low that only he will hear it. "I'm okay." I press a kiss to the top of his head, hoping he doesn't realize my actions. "You're okay, too."

-

A/N: this was kinda rushed bc sOMEONE was putting pressure on me (ily anyways) and written on my phone so ew

ALSO IF ANYONE WANTS TO FANGIRL OVER THE NEW FOB SONG (IRRESISTIBLE) THEN I AM RIGHT!!!!! HERE!!!!!

I hate myself bye