3. So screwed 😒

Warning: Smut/ Violence/ Language

Ziam

Liam always had a penchant for messing things up and the only form of apology he gave was a goofy smile.

At the complete end of the spectrum was Zayn, quite a meticulous chap who was keen in doing things right and thoroughly.

These two were not in any way related, not even friends.

They, however, had a professional relation. Liam was Zayn's chauffeur.

His boss was the CEO of a construction company and he oozed of riches and success.

For Liam, the only things he had to his name were his amazing six pack and large muscles.

Many a time, Zayn would threaten to dismiss him on the charges of tardiness and clumsiness in the sense that he almost got them into a fatal road accident.

The only thing that helped him retain the job was his afforementioned physique.

He could lift heavy items and act as a good bodyguard.

Complete package.

So Liam was convinced he was physically stronger than his employer.

Zayn was smaller in comparison and barely engaged in any strenuous activity.

Only if lifting his briefcase and walking around the office counted.

So it happened that Liam got them stuck in the middle of nowhere.

He was supposed to drive his boss out of town to survey land for an upcoming project.

Wherever they were heading seemed pretty remote, given the dry and marooned route they had taken, and currently stuck in.

"What the hell is wrong?" Zayn yells, hopping out of the car and towards Liam who was leaning over the opened hood.

"I'll be frank, sir. Not sure."

"Liam James Payne?"

"Yes, sir?"

"Did you take this car to the repair shop yesterday like I asked you?"

Silence.

"I'm talking to you, nitwit."

"I... I'm afraid not."

"You're fired."

"Come on, you just can't fire me here in heaven knows where. Can't it wait until..."

"SHUT IT."

"Sorry boss." Liam strips off his shirt and throws it on the dusty ground.

There was a sweltering heat floating in the atmosphere thanks to the scorching midday sun.

He keeps fumbling with the agglomeration of contraptions inside the hood, to give the impression he was busy.

But who was he kidding?

Zayn was walking around the desolate environs looking for signal, too pissed to even spare him a dirty look.

He finally puts his phone on his ear, apparently calling for help.

Moments later, Zayn returns to the car, his shoulders severely slouched.

"Thanks a lot. Not only do I have to cancel my plans for today, but also the fastest we'll get help is in bloody six hours!"

"Sorry, boss." He shuts the hood and sits down on the ground in front of the car.

The heat was killing Zayn so he had to lose his coat and shirt.