Chapter one ~ Fate ~ *Deliah*

Fate, a word written in Deliah's skin since before she could remember. It was a faint but noticeable scar, that ran right under her left collarbone, in a flowing cursive that stood out against her tanned skin. She had always wondered where she got it, but seeing as most of her young life wasn't anything more than a mystery to her, she never pondered on it for too long.

Throwing on her adidas shirt, VS pink leggings, a vintage leather jacket that her mom had from the 60's, and her favourite pair of knee high grey suede boots, Deliah ran out to catch a ride with her mom as the transit always sucked in her area and she didn't want to be late.

Her little sister, Lilah, who would soon be 16, jumped into the front seat right before Deliah, flipping her long auburn hair over her shoulder. Her big brown chestnut eyes, with an auburn hue that matched her olive skin perfectly, paired with freckles that dotted her nose, she had always been super stunning. Even at a young age, people were captivated by her looks, and personality. She knew it too, as she had always used it to her advantage. She loved to play games, tricks, anything she could to leave you stunned and confused. Then one could always hear her little tinkling giggle as she ran away, very pleased with her actions.

Sighing, Deliah climbed into the back seat and put her headphones in, giving her mom a kiss on the cheek as they drove down the driveway.

"Just another day," she thought to herself as the trees flitted by and the sun cast a warm light through the window. She rolled down her window, breathing in the warm spring morning air, as they drove down the long forest road that lead to their house.

Just as they pulled up to Lilah's school, Deliah opened her eyes realizing she had fallen asleep. Stretching, she found her coffee and took a few sips. Her scar was tingling again and she didn't know why. This had been happening more and more recently, ever since she had that little incident, dream, or whatever it was.

Jumping out of the car at work, Deliah pulled her hair up into a high pony tail and wrapped her apron around her waist, tying it into a bow in front of her and wrapping a ribbon around it, as she got to work. She had been a waitress for just under six months now, and her days seemed to blur together, full of hot coffee's, eggs Benedict, and cherry pie, as people filtered in and out of the colorful 90's diner.

Running her fingertips over the glossy surface of the table top that lined the bar part of the diner, she placed her last meal in front of her customers.

"I hope you enjoy your dinner, if you need anything at all, let me know! I'll be back with the cheque whenever you are done." She explained, smiling, before walking away to see what was going on in the kitchen.

Her coworker, Janie pinched her side playfully, "What's up buttercup?" she asked, placing a dish behind the counter. "Not a whole lot, just super tired lately, how are you darling??" Deliah said, sighing a little and smiling at her gorgeous friend.

She had long raven black hair that fell in beach waves around her face and down her back, and ice blue eyes that glinted in the sun. Her high cheek bones and peachy lips complimented her snow white skin.

They had been friends since they were children, as Janie's mom knew Deliah's real parents before they died, and brought Deliah to them when she had no other options. Janie and Deliah had stayed best friends until they were 19, so now. Laughing, Janie rested her chin on her palms, elbows resting on the counter.

"Oh you know, same old, just doing me sweetie. Say, why don't you get going? I can finish up here."
"Oh thank you so much! You're such a life saver. Love you, see you tomorrow!" Deliah said, hugging her friend tightly.

After saying goodbye to everyone Deliah caught a taxi home, and curled in bed, finally able to sleep. She drifted off, tossing and turning as beams of golden light filled her dreams. 

Jolting awake, Deliah placed her hands over her ears to try to stop the ringing that was causing her head to pound. She was covered in sweat and shaking, as she pulled her robe tightly around her. She couldn't remember what she was dreaming about but every inch of her skin felt like it was on fire, coming to life as if it had a mind of its own. It felt good, powerful, even.

She had no idea what was going on as she quietly closed her back door behind her, sinking her bare feet into the dew covered grass. Taking a deep breath she started walking down the stone lined path that carved its way through her back yard, a small creek running on both sides, and a pond with two twin Koi. The moonlight lit up the two beautiful fish as they circled each other in a slow dance.

Deliah wasn't paying attention to any of that though, as the tingles got worse, coursing through her body, washing over her like waves on a windy beach. So much power, but why? Taking off through the small clearing that parted the huge forest around her, she ran slow at first, then faster and faster, the wind causing tears to roll down her red cheeks. Then the ringing got worse.

"What is happening?" she whispered, as she gritted her teeth against the pressure.

Her arm burned, sweat still running down her forehead, she let out a gasp, feeling everything rush to the tips of her fingers, she watched as her fingers started to glow. Not a white light, but a dark golden, a rich deep colour that lit the ground around her. She screamed and tried to cover her hands but more light fell from them, creating a golden pool at her feet that seemed to trickle away like a stream. She watched in amazement as the ground shimmed and the grass started to grow right before her eyes, flowers, and trees sprouted instantly where ever the light touched. It covered the rotting wooden forest ground with thick green moss, and covered the trees with new leaves.

Deliah didn't even notice how tired she was, until her eyes felt so heavy she couldn't keep them open anymore. She slumped against a tree and brought her legs up to her chest, the light starting to fade now. Right before her eyes closed she saw a silhouette approach her, bending down to her level.

All she could remember was seeing auburn eyes, much like Lilah's, and heard a male voice say "Should I put her in MY bed so she thinks we did something??"

Another voice snapped back, "Watch your tongue young Spring Seele, I will still leave you to the werewolves, they've been asking about you."

With a slight pause the same voice whispered, "Rest, little fae. Mi amore, this is fate, and you are my desire."

Deliah's scar burned like never before as her vision was finally consumed by darkness, and she drifted off, more peaceful than she had ever been before.

* hey there thank you so much for reading this far if you have its my first time on wattpad so I'll do my best!! I have lots of ideas :) I'll hopefully have the next chapter up in less than a week! And after I get used to writing it will be more frequent :) have a great day or night!! Much love xoxo *