Introduction - Deliah

The forest was quiet tonight, the young girl noticed as she pulled her house coat tighter around her. A light breeze surrounded her, as she stood out on her balcony, elbows rested on the railing, as she did every night. She had always felt drawn to the forest, to its rich greens and browns, its delicate and rough leaves and barks, moss and roots, trees and wildlife. Even as a young girl she would spend hours getting lost in between the trees, but for some reason she always knew her way home. In her dreams she can swear she hears the woods whispering to her, telling her secrets of times long last, drawing out the path to her warm, familiar room.

Her long blonde, golden hair was pulled up into a braided knot to keep it out of her face as she slept, and her bright blue, almost silver eyes seemed to glow, their green flecks prominent in the moonlight.

She was about to turn to head inside, when she heard a throat clear behind her; " W-who's there?! " She asked frantically, whipping around to see where the voice came from.

She gasped slightly as she felt cold hands on her waist, pulling her against a hard chest that smelt strongly like pine and a dark smell she couldn't quite put her finger on. A deep haunting smell that she should have remembered very well, but she did not. She just stared up into the dark eyes that were laced with blue flecks lighting the shadows that seemed to dance within them. His features were perfect, as if snow and ice had etched their beauty upon its beautiful surface, creating steep, sharp edges, defining his strong jawline, and high cheek bones. Casting shadows around his eyes and over his full glassy looking lips. His skin so fare it seemed to be frosted over in places. He was as dark, and alluring as winter itself and she felt herself getting lost in his eyes, desperately waiting for him to speak.

Desire so cold it was almost hot crept up her spine as she felt his grip tighten on her, his breath like winter air against her ear as he whispered, " How could you forget the world you belong to? How could you forget me? I have been watching for so long. We all have been. Now its time, come back to us. "

The last thing she saw before everything faded as her vision went dark, was the letters " Des " glinting out from under the collar of his shirt, on the left hand side right under his collarbone. The blood rushing to her ears and her head hit the ground as her eyes closed. All she could focus on was the storm that had just started raging in her heart, soul and mind. Who was this stranger? And who was she to him? Why did he have a scar too?