Dazzling Gold

Prologue

            The marble floor was glowing under the moonlight coming from the windowed ceiling.  The walls were painted a pale green and there was one door. But this door was open, to nothing except the black sky. I felt someone pushing me; pushing me towards this door. As soon as I was close to being out the door, I struggled. There was no ground as soon as you walked out of the room; it was just a path of air. It was a cliff to fall into. I looked down and saw jagged rocks and the sea. The person was still pushing my; my feet close to slipping. I dug my heels into the ground and tried to scream but I couldn’t. The person’s hand covered my mouth and gave me one final push.

            Suddenly, I was falling. I couldn’t see anything except for the color of falling; whatever that is. I screamed and my eyes finally focused on the rocks below me. They were getting bigger, or I was getting closer. The sound of the waves was getting louder; like the sea was hungry for me. I pushed my hands above me, trying to grab anything that would stop my fall. There wasn’t anything. Screaming, I fell.

            Then I felt myself become still. I wasn’t falling anymore. I knew I hadn’t landed, I would’ve felt that. The points of the rocks would have dug into me. But I had felt nothing. Then I noticed tingles. Tingles that were spreading all throughout my body. They felt so good, they made me relax. Maybe I was dead.

            “Don’t worry. I’m right here. Shhh, its okay.” It was the sweetest voice. I felt something warm press onto my forehead and I hesitantly opened my eyes. He was gorgeous. He had bright green eyes and brown hair. His tan skinned glowed like gold and his smile was sloppy and crooked. I loved him; I could just feel it in my heart.

“Oh, baby, I’m right here. Oh, I love you. I’m so glad you’re okay.” His fingers brushed my cheek and swiped under my eyes. I was crying. He sucked my tears off of his fingers and began too cry too. “See? I ate your tears to feel your hurt. Oh, honey. I love you.”

My lips formed the name “Liam.”  

My eyelids drifted closed and I woke up not a second later. I was back in my room; it had been a dream.