Chapter 2: A Love That Cannot Be Broken

The walk had been silent for the majority of the time. It was a comfortable type of silence; one that neither of them minded so much. Their pinkies were locked together, the female holding her wooden sword in her other hand in a casual manner while Katsuki had his other hand tucked into his pocket with a small blush on his face. He was adoringly innocent despite his bad boy appearance.

They were headed to Katsuki's home, seeing as Zeryu had decided beforehand that she would visit Mitsuki and Masaru while she had her free time. It had been a long time since they had been together, so she wanted to spend as much time with him as she possibly could. She wasn't too worried about getting in trouble with Master Zenbosu either, considering the number of times she had been late or stay over for the night; it was a result of visiting while on the verge of pure exhaustion. It was a regular occurrence by now.

"Zeryu," the ash-blonde said, his usual scowl morphing into an uncharacteristic pout. "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?"

She pecked his temple, "I thought I would surprise you, since I would be coming back permanently. I also didn't want to distract you from your learning as an aspiring hero."

"Like you could distract me," he grumbled under his breath, working up the courage to interlace their fingers together. "Stupid dumbass."

"You're also really cute when you're surprised," she added as if it were an afterthought, a mischievous smile on her face. "I liked seeing that expression earlier."

His face flared up at her confession, snapping his head to her with a scowl on his face and a vein popping on his head. "Why... you!"

Unfortunately for the male, he didn't get to finish his round of insults. Zeryu had dived down for a kiss, cutting him off abruptly and diffusing his angry flames. He was quiet when she pulled away, looking at her with a scowl and having a deep blush on his already red face. She smiled in response, leaning into his hair and whispering a few words.

"I told you that you were cute."

The rest of the walk was spent with Zeryu being chased by an embarrassed, hot-headed male. He didn't managed to catch her, explosions firing off in the palms of his hands recklessly while the female only laughed at the game of tag. She'd knock him in the head if he got too close, and kiss him when he wasn't paying attention. Let's just say Katsuki was a hot mess by the time they reached his house. As for the redhead, she remained unaffected by the chase.

Ding dong!

"Yes?" a blonde-haired woman opened the door, not expecting any guests. Her son wasn't exactly the type to invite people. "Who is it?"

The sight before her was not something she had expected. A familiar red-haired female was waving casually at her with a bokken in hand, an innocent smile present on her face. On the other hand, Mitsuki could see her ash-blonde son puffing behind Zeryu in utter exhaustion and leaning on the redhead for support. He had his usual scowl on his face, gently hitting his girlfriend's back with his fist but the redhead didn't seem the least bit affected.

"Good afternoon Mrs Mitsuki," Zeryu had a mischievous glint in her eyes. "It's nice to see you again. How have you been doing?"

"Zeryu!" Mitsuki exclaimed excitedly, pulling the young girl into a quick hug. "It's so good to see you! You should've told me you were coming! Is your training finally over?"

The brown-eyed female chuckled, "I just got here today. I wanted to surprise you. And Master Zenbosu finally approved, so I'm formally attending U.A as a student."

"That's great! Come inside and tell me all about your training!"

As the two chatted with one another, they entered into the building whilst leaving the poor, exhausted male behind. Of course, their actions pissed him off; mostly for two reasons. The first was that they had left him at the doorway without saying a word of greeting, and second...