Fifthteen.

𝒩𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒾𝓁𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒

𝒩𝓊𝓇𝑒𝒾𝓁𝒶 𝒫𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒

ᴰᵉᶜᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ¹⁶ᵗʰ

I was sleeping peacefully in my bed until my phone started to vibrate like crazy. I groaned and eventually the vibrating stopped, so I decided to head back to sleep. However, the vibrated commenced once more and I grab my phone to answer it.

"Hello?" I answered sleepily.

"Rashan requested that we come get you, so be ready when we arrive."

Before I could say something else, the call ended and I sat up in my bed. I quickly grabbed a bag and began to stash clothes in it as quietly as possible. Once I was packed, I quietly exited my room.

I creepeth down the hallway and peeked into my mom's room to make sure that she was asleep. After that, I creepeth down the stairs and unlocked the door as quietly as I could and exited the house, locking it behind me.

I was sure my mom would be on 10 seeing that I had left but I was planning on texting her that I had cheer practice early in the morning which is a reason I made sure to grab my cheer clothing as well.

I sat on the steps waiting for a car to arrive to come get me while my mind swarmed with thoughts surrounding Rashan. Was he in some kind of trouble? My knee started to bounce because of my nervousness. 

My eyes raised once I heard a car turn into my driveway. I stood to my feet and clutched onto my bag as I made my way to the car. Two men stepped out and one offered me the seat in the front. I got in and situated myself and bag comfortably before we backed out and headed down the street towards Rashan's.

I leaned my head on the window and yawned a bit since I was still a little tired. I had no idea what time it was so I looked over at the radio and the time read 2:13.

Whatever Rashan had me get up for better be important.

***

We soon arrived at Rashan's house and all three of us exited the car. I made my way to the house behind the men as they unlocked the door. Once we were situated inside, I looked around the house to see people moving frantically and it was a lot of commotion going on.

The men moved towards the stairs and I followed them, knowing that Rashan's room was upstairs. As we neared the room I noticed blood that had been dripped over the floor along with bloody gauze.

My heart rate instantly sped up and I pushed past the men in front of me. My vision was becoming cloudy from the tears forming and everything seemed to move in slow motion.

Even though I only knew Rashan for a short while, he's made me feel more special than Jamari ever has. He treats me right and says things to me Jamari hasn't said in a long while. He makes times for me, surprises me, respects me. That's all a girl wants.

Once I arrived in the room my vision was directed towards the bed. I could feel my body shaking as I rushed over to him. Various people tried to stop me in my tracks from seeing him but I continued to push forward.

Once I caught sight of Rashan I dropped my bag and covered my mouth. Just seeing him lay there unconscious with a big patch on the side of him.. I can't even come up with words to describe how I was feeling.

I moved one of my hands to his, it was cold and I squeezed his hand gently in mind. Small tears dropped into our clasped hands and I tried to control my emotions but it was no use. 

𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇𝒶𝓁 𝒟𝒶𝓎𝓈 𝐿𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇

These past days have been hell for me. I feel so disconnected from reality that it's affecting my personal life. I continued to go to school and stuff, keep up with my studies. However, the social part of me has diminished.

I've been lying to my mom saying that I was staying at Khalia's since we were going to the championship with our cheer squad. 

I have been with Rashan, waiting for him to wake up. I tend to him in any way I can and I try to stay out the way as much as possible. I sleep in a chair that I fixed beside his bed and keep him up to par with his hygiene.

The doctor told me that he had lost a lot of blood and he recently just had a blood transfusion thanks to Jamari.

He's been softer with me while I deal with Rashan too. I know he's only doing this because he sees that I'm very vulnerable. I thank him for his services but I always tell him that he doesn't have to check up on me.

He still doesn't know what Khalia told me, let's not forget that. 

Tonight after I got settled and finished everything I needed to, I grabbed onto Rashan's hand and just let whatever was on my mind, flow out.

"I miss you so much that it hurts. There is not a single moment in any day that I do not find myself missing you. I close my eyes and see you there. But when I open them and see nothing there, I realize how much I miss you. I miss you a little too much, a little too often, and a little more each and every day. I wonder if you miss me as much as I miss you.  I miss your voice. I miss your touch. I miss your face. I miss you. I thought that I could handle being apart from you, but I miss you too much. Missing you is something that comes in waves and tonight I am just drowning. It started with wanting to spend more time with you. I wasn't even sure what it was back then, just this feeling I had of wanting more. More time, more information about you, more of your presence in general. I'd make excuses to see you, to ask you questions, to be in the same place at the same time. I didn't know what it was, I just knew I had to find a way to be around you. It was such a simple need. And it still is. I need you in my life. I need to be around you. Your presence, your smile, your very self. You make me so happy. Life is better with you in it. It's simple really. The world is more beautiful, the days are more fun, moments are more precious. I love having you in my life. I couldn't imagine it any other way. I only hope you feel the same way. That I can make your life better by having been in it.."

"I know that I love you because of how much I miss you."

***

vote and comment 💛

vote and comment 💛