Just When Pains Sting like Poisons

Tears automatically fell down from Lady Jane’s lovely eyes as she reminisces the worst scenario in her life. She remembered the square jawed face of the police who pointed and savagely shot the gun on her poor father’s fearful head. Her father fell down and raging blood flowed and stained the narrow floor of their bungalow house. She had watched her loving father die in the hands of sadist government venomous snakes, as she’s hidden near the sack of rice fighting her tears and fears while she remained unseen by the three uniformed men armed with guns.
       Lady Jane was very lucky that her mother with her younger brother went to the province to visit a relative when the tragic event happened. The following day her mother arrived from the visit and was very shocked to see her dead husband but she still musters all her courage. In three days her father was buried in a simple burial that they can only afford. After that they quickly packed all their important belongings then board a bus going to the province. Her mother decided to leave the city because she know that those men will return again to harm them. In a few days they’ve been able to sell their house and lot, so they have some money to start a living in her mother’s hometown. They believed that those men who killed her father aimed to freely get from them their house and the piece of land that they’re tilling for a living. The place where they planned to start over was not so good to live in as most of the town’s folks are hypocrites, judgmental and self-conscious, the very reason why her mother left it before. But there’s no other place for them to stay, so they ignored everything and think for their living.
       All her friends were in tears as she tells them the story of her father’s death. They embraced each other as they do understand and feel the pain. Now they know that behind their friend’s loudness and happiness there is a scar of pain deep in her heart that she always hides most of the time.  And they all cried, JUSTICE, HUMAN RIGHTS, SECURITY, and DEMOCRACY. Where are they now?