23. I get to love you.

Alec was glad that the chapter of Camille Belcourt is finally over. He looked again where he killed the vampire and sighed with relief. He then looked at the time and quickly reached home. When he did, he found his husband half-dressed pacing in the living room wearing a worried expression.

"Magnus?" He called softly.

Magnus looked at Alec and sighed with relief. He walked towards him and hugged him tightly.

"Alexander, thank goodness! Where were you? I was worried sick."

"Calm down, love. I had some business to finish. I thought while you're getting dressed, I'll complete that. And, why are you half-dressed by the way?"

"I'm... I'm not feeling well, Alexander. I already told you, I've been feeling weird since morning, and it's not just because of Camille, there's something else I can't put my fingers on. And, about being half-dressed, I needed help for putting on the vest and the coat, so I was looking for you. I got worried when I couldn't find you anywhere."

"Hey, relax love." He cupped his warlock's face and kissed his forehead. While doing so, he sends his calming magic into his body. He knew it was wrong, but his husband was way too worked up and needed to relax a bit.

Magnus leaned into the touch and instantly relaxed, oblivious of the how.

"Now, let me help you." He helped his husband for getting dressed then he himself freshened up and changed into a white button-down shirt with dark chocolate brown pants and jacket with a black square pocket and black shoes.

When he came into the living room, he saw his husband waiting for him who was, as usual, looking ravishingly hot. He was wearing an ice blue button-down shirt with wine red pants, a light wine-colored vest, and a long wine red colored double-breasted coat with embroidery of black and silver and black shoes. His makeup was done perfectly, with dark perfectly smooth eyeliner and black kohl. The eyeshadow consisted of a blend of wine and black. The hairs were spiked up having streaks of wine red at the edges. He kept staring at his husband with his mouth hung open.

"Stop staring, Alexander. Can we leave now?"

Alec got out of the trance with his husband's voice. "Uh.. hun, yeah, yeah." He cleared his throat. "Sorry, I got distracted, my husband is looking way too hot than I imagined."

"Thank you for the compliment, Alexander, but can we leave now, so that we can come back soon."

"Seriously, Magnus! Fine, create a portal, and don't think about any destination."

Magnus obliged and they stepped into the portal. When they stepped out of the portal, his mouth was hung open and there was a glint in his eyes. He was completely speechless.

"A.. Alexander.." He breathed out.

"Thoughts?"

Magnus looked at his husband then at the gazebo where they had stepped out of the portal. It was right in front of his eyes, looking like heaven created on earth.

The whole gazebo had lanterns hanging from them, two on each side giving it a warm glow, the conical ceiling was covered with LED white lights on both inside and outside. The pillars had spirals of different varieties of roses. There was a circular table placed in the center of the gazebo, with several scented candles placed in a heart shape in the middle of it. The whole table was covered with rose petals over which lay their dinner, a red velvet cake, two different shaped boxes, and a bouquet of flowers with a card on it. There were two chairs kept on the diagonal corners, over which lay a set of speakers and a few small gifts.

Magnus looked at his husband with tear-filled eyes. "Alexander, you... you did so much. I don't know what to say."

"Then don't say anything, just enjoy the evening." He held his warlock's hand and dragged him inside the gazebo.