the vampires of venice . II

Chapter Four:

Chapter Four:

The Vampires of Venice [ pt. II ]

___

AS NIGHTTIME APPROACHED, EVERLEIGH SLIPPED OUT OF HER DESIGNATED BED SOUNDLESSLY, tiptoeing over to where Amy was softly snoring on her on the bed adjacent to hers. Gently shaking her friend awake, Everleigh glanced over to where Isabella was still fast asleep. After receiving a few mumbles and murmurs, Everleigh resorted to just shoving Amy off the bed where she landed on the hard floor with a grunt.

Finally awake, the two girls descended the large stone staircase from before, hearing what sounded like howls and yells of agony. As another shrill cry echoed from the damp, stone walls, Amy's shaky hand quickly grabbed Everleigh's warm one, seeking comfort from her friend. With a reassuring smile, the two continued on into the dark corridor.

. . . . . . .

The Doctor led Rory and Guido through a dark tunnel, holding a blazing torch in one hand, carefully assessing his surroundings. "Right. Okay, I'll go first. If anything happens to me, go back-"

"What happened?" Rory interrupted him. "Between you and Amy?"

The Doctor continued on, ignoring him, but Rory was adamant about demanding an answer. "You said she kissed you."

"Now?" The Doctor asked sharply, stopping to look at Rory incredulously, "You want to do this now?" His mind was racing with the possibilities of Everleigh being in possible danger and he didn't have time for chit-chat.

As the Doctor resumed his trek up to the entrance, Rory harshly whispered, "I have a right to know! I'm getting married in 340 years!"

"She was frightened, I was frightened, but we survived and the relief of it... and so she kissed me." The Doctor explained, trying to defend his friend because he knew that she didn't mean to really.

"And you kissed her back?" Rory asked, bitterly, feeling betrayed - partly for himself and partly for Everleigh. The Doctor's response was immediate.

"No. No, of course not." The Doctor retorted defensively, "I pushed her away as soon as it happened, which is when she realised what she was actually doing."

"Sure." Rory scoffed, rolling his eyes. The Doctor stopped him, looking at him earnestly, "Rory, she kissed me because I was there. It would have been you. It should have been you."