the vampires of venice . I

Chapter Three:

Chapter Three:

The Vampires of Venice [ pt. I ]

___

TO SAY EVERLEIGH WAS CONFUSED WHEN THE DOCTOR TOLD HER that they were nipping to Leadworth for something would be an understatement. She had mixed feelings about returning to the small, bland town. She grew up there so she certainly had a soft spot for the town but it didn't stop the bad memories from resurfacing.

Amy seemed anxious with his decision, nervously biting at her nails. Everleigh had noticed how Amy's eyes kept flickering to her guiltily before swiftly returning to the floor. When she did it for the eleventh time, Everleigh exhaled loudly.

"Why do you keep looking at me like you stole my last cookie?" Everleigh asked Amy bluntly, pushing herself off the jumpseat.

Amy looked up at her alarmed, before glancing to the doors of the Tardis, probably hoping the Doctor would come back and save her from an interrogation.

"Hm, me? No, I'm fine. It's, uh, it's nothing." She tossed a quick, strained smile at Everleigh, rocking on the balls of her feet. Everleigh furrowed her eyebrows at her attitude - Amy was never one to beat around the bush, she was even more direct and blunt than herself which clearly says something.

Everleigh walked towards Amy slowly, still puzzled by her remorseful stance. "Amy," She began carefully, "I've known you for as long as I can remember. We practically grew up alongside one another. I can tell when you're lying."

Everleigh was expecting her to deny to statement immediately, maybe even become offended by Everleigh's lack of trust in her, but one thing she certainly didn't expect was teary eyes. Amy bit her trembling lip, taking a shaky breath.

"I messed up, Ev."

Acting on instinct, Everleigh immediately rushed over and encased her arms around Amy securely, letting the taller girl sniffle into her shoulder. Everleigh didn't say anything, not wanting to push Amy into explaining herself. She was just there for her.

"I-I kissed him, Ev." That, she was not expecting. Everleigh's arms froze around her slightly before she felt her body relax and let her hand stroke Amy's back reassuringly. "I kissed the Doctor even though I was getting married to Rory in the morning," Amy hiccupped into her hair, "Even though I knew about him and y-"

She stopped abruptly, choking out a sob. Everleigh ran her fingers through Amy's flaming hair, softly telling her it was going to be ok and when Amy would reply with her worries about losing Rory, she'd reassure her that Rory and herself were made for each other and that they would get past this.