Chapter 10

Page 1                                                                       

  Bright'Wing padded out of the warriors' den with her tail held up high. She padded into the medicine den where Cinder'Feather was eating.

  "Oh, Bright'Wing we need more moss." He meowed as he swiped his tongue over his lips.

  "Why don't you go get it? I haven't eaten yet." Bright'Wing complained. Cinder'Feathers tail flicked out of annoyance.

  "Fine. . ." He hissed as he stood up. "I'll go get it." He began to pad out of the medicine den, but turned around quickly. "Oh, almost forgot, take care of Spotted'Stripe." He padded out of the den.

  'Right after I get some fresh kill in my stomach. . .' Bright'Wing thought as she purred. She padded out of the medicine den only to see Cinder'Feather glaring at her.

  "I said take care of Spotted'Stripe. . ." He hissed.

  "Don't you need to get some moss Cinder'Feather? Plus how do you know I was only getting fresh kill for myself?" She mewed slyly. She had a small smirk on her face.

  "Well. . .Yes." He meowed confidently. "But. . . Argh, fine, get the freshkill." He hissed.

  "Precisely." She mewed, her tail was held up high, she felt a bit smug. She briefly looked over the fresh kill pile. Two scrawny mice, it was good enough. She picked it up in her jaw and padded back to the medicine den.

  She noticed Spotted'Stripe was grooming himself. She placed the mice down, one in front of him. "You might want to be careful, you can reopen the wound." She meowed, "Oh also, breakfast is served." She smiled.

  "Oh right." He stopped grooming himself. "Sorry Bright'Pa- Wing, Bright'Wing." He corrected himself. "Ya know, you've saved my life how many times now? I think being a medicine cat is your calling." He smiled at her.

  "Star Clan leads cats to all their paths." She smiled. Spotted'Stripe shifted a bit, he seemed uncomfortable about Star Clan. "Do you believe in them, Spotted'Stripe?" Bright'Wing asked.

  Spotted'Stripe shrugged, "I barely know of them, so how can I believe?" Spotted'Stripe responded. Luckily Cinder'Feather wasn't in the den.

  "I'll teach you about them, maybe as we eat if you'd like." She sat down in front of her mouse. Spotted'Stripe nodded.

  "Sure, if you'd like." He took a bite of his mouse, waiting for Bright'Wing to begin.

  Bright'Wing explained the mysteries of Star Clan, what they are, and what they do for the clans. She spoke with passion, hoping Spotted'Stripe was listening. In between, she would take bites of her mouse.

  Once she was finished, she smiled at Spotted'Stripe, both the mice were eaten. "Well, that's all I know, if you want the rest you can talk to Cinder'Feather. He's much wiser, and most certainly older than me." She giggled. "But for now, let me reapply your cobweb, then you can return to the Warriors' den." She stood up.

  Spotted'Stripe sat up, waiting for Bright'Wing to patch him up. Bright'Wing grabbed cobwebs and removed the old one. She balled the old one up and threw it somewhere. She applied the new cobweb proudly. "There you go, now you can head off to the Warriors' den and continue your duties."

  Spotted'Stripe nodded, "Thank you, Bright'Wing. In my eyes, your better than Star Clan." He smiled.

  Bright'Wing smiled back, "I think that compliment is too much, but I'll take it, but run along now, Night'Breeze misses you." She smiled, she noticed Spotted'Stripe blush at the mention of Night'Breeze, and quickly ran off.