Bethany. 1

The first official chapter of 'Bethany'

The first official chapter of 'Bethany'. Thank you loves for the support and your willingness to read this amazing story about a young woman trying to find herself again after being cheated on. This may sound like your typical love story but its far from it. I hope you all enjoy and leave positive feedback as well 🙂.

•••••••
"You can close your eyes to things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to things you don't want to feel."– Johnny Depp

Bethany L.

"Have you ever watched the Titanic?"Iyanla Vanzant questioned as a room full of producers had their attention directed on me. I wouldn't necessarily say this session was my idea but my manager recommended me to her & said this would help me both career wise and relationship wise.

I shook my head no, "I've only heard about it. I've never cared to watch it."

"Well,"she smiled. "Jack and Rose had a terrible love story if you want me to be honest but the love they had for each other was beyond measures. Do you think your love story with Cameron resembles that? A horrible story with unconditional love?"

"No,"I mumbled. "If he honestly loved me then he wouldn't have hurt me."

"Elaborate because who said love wasn't supposed to hurt?"

"Who ever said that it had too?"I snapped. I suddenly felt horrible for snapping on her like that but I've been bottling my emotions up inside for the past three weeks since the incident with my cheating ass ex-boyfriend.

Iyanla didn't do anything but smile. "I've got you where I need you. Your right, Bethany. Love isn't supposed to hurt. Sure you're supposed to have your fair shares of trials and tribulations but love that hurts isn't healthy. It's toxic."

"I'm just not understanding what I did to deserve this,"I softly spoke. "I gave him all of me. I was there any time he called me. I made sure I fed him, washed and dried his clothes, ran his bath water, catered to his every need and this is what I get in return? To come home from a twelve hour shift just to find his unfaithful ass drilling some random from behind in our bed that we bought together? This shit isn't fair."

Iyanla reached over on a stand beside her and handed me a box of Kleenex tissues. I accepted it and began to wipe my face that was now wet with tears. Since that day I caught Cameron cheating, I hadn't let my emotions out once but now that I was actually talking to someone and telling them how I felt, my emotions were running wild. "Baby you didn't deserve any of this but again, love isn't supposed to hurt. What you assumed Cameron felt for you was a lie. That's not love. Cheating and hurting your partner multiple of times is not considered love. It's toxic abuse that men only do when they are too damn dumb to realize what they have in front of them. You have to be strong for yourself and tell yourself that you're worth more than what you're settling for."

After a much needed therapy session, I was now strolling along the busy streets of Los Angeles, California. I had moved out here by myself at the age of nineteen. I had a large social media following by the age of 16 and I had saved up enough money to get an apartment down here and work for myself and my needs. College was an option but I refused to take out loans and be apart of the norm that you had to go to college to make something out of yourself. So far I've been doing the damn thing and I couldn't be happier financial wise.

"Hey girl! I thought that was you that passed by. How you been?"

My girl Alexia Montgomery had just recently moved here two years ago and she already had a successful business booming on Rodeo Drive's Walk of Style.

"Hey, I meant to call you back the other day but things have been hectic for me. I've been managing you could say but how's the business going?"

Alexia and I have been great friends for quite sometime now so she's up to date about the whole cheating scandal with Cameron. She's always been a fan of Cameron and his work and an even bigger fan of our relationship but that quickly died down when she heard the news. Though she was still a sucker for his art work, she hated him genuinely as a person.

"The business is doing numbers. I can't complain. You've been holding up?"

"Yeah,"I managed to say while putting a piece of my hair behind my ear. "I just came from seeing Iyanla Vanzant."

"That's an amazing woman right there. Was the session taped or no?"

"Yeah, it should air sometime next month. We should catch up soon."

"Definitely, what day will you be available?"

"Next Monday."

"Great, I have a business meeting that morning but I could come over to your place afterwards if that's okay."

"I'm actually moving,"I chuckled. "I can't stay in that house anymore. The memories are so surreal and last thing I want to do is continue hurting myself by staying there and reliving what I saw."

"That's understandable. Where have you been staying?"

"At a hotel that's not too far from my house. I think doing that was the best decision I could've made."

"Right, don't let that situation consume you though. Anytime you need to talk you know I'm always right here to listen."

"I know,"I smiled. "Thank you."

"Don't thank me; that's what friends are for. I should get going though because can't nobody run my store how I do."

"Okay,"I laughed. "You take care, girl."

{Boring first chapter lol but I just wanted you guys to get a feel of how the story will be. I'm trying my hardest to write this story better than how I've done with my others. Please feel free to leave comments and also make sure you vote!}