Chapter 3

After a few days I noticed something. Things were... Changing. Cops were everywhere watching everyone. I couldn't believe how many of them there were. People were finding out somehow about everyone wanting the fence down. And the leaders of our cities didn't want that. So they did this.

Luke good me yesterday things weren't so nice were he lives too. And now it's here. Anyways after looking out my window I decided I have to get ready for school. I quickly got on my navy blue outfit and put my hair in a messy braid and walked to the kitchen. My little sister ran up to me and hugged me "Bethany's up!!"
She said loudly and I laughed. I picked her up and carried her into the kitchen and opened the fridge "What do you want to drink?" I asked and looked at her. She put her head in my shoulder she hugged me tightly. She didn't have much of a choice to choose here but it wasn't the worst. "Grape juice!" She said happily and I nodded, getting some out. I got two glasses because I decided I wanted some too. I poured the glasses. One was to the top of the cup for me, and one was three fourths filled for her because she always spilled.
I gave the cup to her and she smiled and drank it all after 30 seconds. She set the up down and laughed. She had a purple mustache made of grape juice and I laughed. I love her so much. I quickly drank my juice and made breakfast.
I set down 4 plates and my parents came walking in. "Sweetie thank you so much!" My mom said and my dad kissed mine and my sisters forehead.
She all sat down and started eating are usual breakfast. I decided to make the first conversation.
"What's with all the cops?" I asked slightly scared.
My father replied "Leaders think that people are seeing each other on the other side."
I spit out my food and was wide eyed. My parents stared at me. "Honey is everything okay?!" my mom said worriedly.
"Yeah yeah...." After a long pause I said "I think it's... Insane people are even thinking about doing that!" I gulped down my food hard. I wish I could tell them. I wanted to. I maybe could tell my dad. He's pretty good with keeping stuff a secret and he's a rebel. I don't think he really likes the fence either. Whenever we talk about that kind of stuff he rolls his eyes. But I was doing the thing that I called insane. Which it was insane but I was doing it just fine.

I looked at my parents and they looked back at me. "Anyways! Time to go to school you two!" My mom tried to say in her happy voice but she knew something was going on with me. I tried to ignore the feeling.

After my sister ate I grabbed her hand and hugged my mom and dad, and left for school. As I walked out I saw a huge amount of cops around. Everytime you turned around there were at least 5 watching you.

I kept walking to school and saw someone arguing with the cops. The cops instantly grabbed the guy and put them him in handcuffs. Others started fighting to lt him go bu they all got arrested too. I gulped knewing what the fight was about. Leaving to go to the otherside. I grabbed my sisters hand tightly and walked her to the little kids school.

I hugged her tightly and kissed her head "I'll see you later Alex" I knelt down so she could hug me. She wrapped her arms around me tightly and kissed my cheek "Bye bye Bethany! I'll se you later!" She giggles and pulls away. She goes to her friends and walked off with them.

I walked off to the school right next to the little kids school. I walked in and looked around. The plain tan building looked worse and worse each day. It got old looking at the same things. I went to my class. Since we don't have lockers we just have one teacher that teaches us everything. I walked up to my cubby and put my backpack in it.

I sat down in my desk. After a couple minutes everyone was in their desks and the bell rang.

After school I wanted to see Luke. But the cops. So I ran to my house. My parents picked up my sister after school so I had some time. I went through the house and walked quietly out the back door. Only a 15 minute walk until I get to see Luke. I walked out and hear people talking. Ilooked over the corner and saw two cops talking. I heard them say "People rebelling" and "Getting arrested". I gulped and listened in more.