Chapter 25 - Something lost and something found

I'm back! Christmas surprise. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter and figure out what was lost and what was found ;)
Of course I expect you to vote and leave lots of comment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Not edited

Chapter 25 - Something lost and something found

Zane
"Well, look who has decided to grace us with his presence. Did your mate turn out to be too much to handle?"

"What happened to you?"

"What do you think happened? My brother, my twin, the one dependable person in my life left me at a crucial time. What did you expect to find when you returned?" I looked at Elijah from head to toe. Well the parts of him I could make out. His hair had grown past his shoulders and hung like a shaggy dog's on his head. His face was covered in hair and he was in his pyjamas, which meant he hadn't showered. How long that has been, I cannot determine.

"Do you even shower anymore?"

"Why are you here, Zane?"

"This is my home."

"Funny you should say that. I was under a different impression." I chose to ignore his comment. He was lashing out and he had all right to do so.

"Queen Alyssa lost the baby."

"I heard. It seems that was the only thing that could have made that annoying sister of hers leave."

"Alexis? She was here?"

"She has been since you left. Thank the universe she's gone. She was so annoying. Pretty, but annoying."

"Have you been to the north kingdom yet?"

"Why would I go there?"

"They're our allies."

"Well since you are back I don't need to go now do I? It's funny, you left me here all alone, no mate, never even bothered to check up on me, but your mate's sister loses a child and you come rushing back. I guess it really is true what they say about true mates. They would do anything for each other. But I wouldn't know anything about that." He walked away before I could respond.
_____________________

"Your highness."

"What's the report on my brother?" Although I hadn't checked in with Elijah personally, I did make sure I knew what was going on.

"For the past three months your highness hadn't done anything but eat, sleep and have sex."

"What about palace affairs?"

"Princess Alexis from the north kingdom had been overseeing that task up until recently when she returned home." This news was shocking to me. I would never have expected Eli to hand over the running of the palace to someone he barely knew.

"What about the guards? Was she in charge of them too?" Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Well, I haven't really looked around to know that, but I was really surprised Eli would hand over out legacy like that.

"Prince Chad took over the leadership of the guards."

"What?"

"He came with Princess Alexis." Why am I not surprised he did? From what I've heard, they do everything together. I was grateful for the help, but I did not like our kingdom being run by the north. This was our place. How dare Eli allow anyone but him or me to run it?

"Continue."

"Your highness leaves the palace every day, sometimes for hours."

"Where does he go?"