Large Golden Hoops

I strolled through the halls, fashionably late, as was the usual for my boyfriend, whose fingers were comfortably interlocked with mine, our steps in time. Two holidays and an entire term had passed, and Mitchell and I had become the strongest couple in our school. Plus, he'd never gotten me pregnant, which was a rarity for Abbey Grove.

"I'm not ready!" I groaned as we made our way to our favourite class.

"You're good at school though innit," He thought that he was helping, "Plus, we have Dickers first up. He's aight."

I sighed, "I've kind of gotten used to waking up next to you though. Now that school's back though, it's back to studying and just texting. Plus, less uhm... boinking."

Mitchell sighed too, something he didn't do, seriously, often.

"Seriously?" I laughed, "The boinking is what got you?"

"Only joking, it's just pussy," I rolled my eyes at his statement, and he stopped in the middle of the halls and turned to me, wrapping his arms around me, "Your mind is more important. I don't like you for your tits."

Oh and, we'd never said love.

"And I like you for your mind," I laughed, "Not all four inches."

"Come on, give me five inches!" He joked, taking my hand again and walking us the rest of the way to class.

He opened the door at the perfect time, as I noticed the large, black bin bag in his other hand. I immediately knew whatever came out of his mouth next would be bad.

"Oi, Willy Wanker!" Mitchell exclaimed and I groaned and facepalmed, "My dad just nicked an iPad so he's chucking out all his old porn. Who wants what?"

"I'm not with him," I sighed.

Alfie's mouth popped as he opened it and smiled a smile of comfort and safety, "Sweet Mitchell, my rock."

I laughed, "I suppose my efforts to change him haven't worked."

"Not true!" Rem called from the back, "You're his own personal porn now, so at least he's giving it away."

I blushed a little and laughed awkwardly, before running to the back of the classroom and leaning down to give Rem Dogg a hug. He didn't really hug me back, but that was to be expected of his new 'emo' persona.

"You may be incredibly depressing now, but you're still the same guy deep down," I smiled at him and Mitchell and I went to go sit at our seats, until I realised someone sitting in mine.

The girl had an odd hair cut, pulled up, and large, golden hoop earrings. Her expression seemed to judge me itself, and her nose wrinkled at the sight of me. Bitch.

"Sir, who's this?" I sighed.

"Cleo. If you were here on time you'd know," he narrowed his eyes at me.

"Well, she's in my spot," I crossed my arms.

"It's okay, you can sit up the front next to joe!" He crossed his arms back.

"Seriously? You want me to sit next to Bruce Willis over there?" I pointed to his recently clean shaven head.

Joe and Alfie sighed, and the rest of the class did their best to stifle giggles and laughter. I finally did as I was told, giving Mitchell a goodbye kiss and going to sit next to Joe.

"Sorry," I whispered to him, "I didn't mean to insult you."

"I'm used to it," Joe sighed, "I got worse with the bowl cut from last term."

Throughout the class, I heared Cleo and Mitchell laugh behind me. Every now and then I would turn around and check on them. Mitchell seemed to be trying to impress her. Whenever Dickers would say something dumb, he would do his best to come up with a snide remark to make her laugh.

I did my best to remind myself that I was being stupid. Mitchell and I had been together for months. Some girl he'd known for one class was not going to change that.

-
-
-

The rest of the day was reasonably uneventful. I caught up with Chantelle and Stephen and they went on about every boy they'd slept with during break. (Obviously not the same boys.) I mainly talked about repeatedly sleeping with Mitchell over break, and the different places and ways that we- that's enough.

That night as I lay in bed, it felt empty. I looked at the side of the bed that Mitchell would normally sleep on and sighed. Back to school.

I didn't see much of Mitchell that day, which I was obviously sad about, but I just figured he was spending time with Rem.
-
-
-

"Ah- mmm, yeah that's it..."

I stood in a plain, white room. It felt like a mental hospital you'd see in a movie. Apart from the fact that, instead of eerie silence or an ear-piercing ringing, all I heard were soft and sensual moans, coming from behind two doors that seemed kilometres ahead of me.

As I walked forward, the kilometres passed quickly. I turned the handle on the door and walked in. Once inside, the doors slammed themselves behind me. It was yet another white, plain room. However, the were drawers built into the walls this time. And the room was smaller, the size of a bedroom.

My eyes perched on what seemed to be a morgue bench in the middle of the room. The two people laying on it were who the moans were coming from.

The girl laying on the bottom was difficult to make out. Her face felt familiar, yet new. There was a depth to it I was yet to understand. But, as my eyes glanced to her ears, I knew who it was. Large, golden hoops.

I gasped and looked to the floor, where colour and patterns began to emerge and spread across the room, until the room I was in became the storage room Mitchell and I had made our own.

Time moved slowly, a second a minute.

That meant-

I looked to the boy leaning over the girl, and slowly moving his hips back and forth, in and out of her slim, seemingly strained body.

I began to sob as if a family member had just died, the tears were that heavy. The boy turned to face me just as their time together seemed to end.

I couldn't make out just what he said to me as I was immediately whisked out of that world and into my own.

-
-
-

I woke up, surrounded by the soft, clean sensation of silk sheets surrounding me. The sheets were damp with sweat and as I opened my eyes, everything in my vision felt foreign. Time moved as usual once again.

I picked up my phone and turned it on, it's bright light stabbing my eyes, as the brightness of the white room had.

I called the person I knew would support me the most. The phone rang, and the familiar voice made me sob. It introduced a safety I hadn't felt in the white room.

"Babes, it's 2 in the mor-"

"Chantelle, I just had the worst dream of my life."

It wasn't just the idea of Mitchell cheating on me. It was the room, it was that girl, it was that he knew I was there, watching, it was how cryptic the scenery was. Everything about it sent shivers all over my, currently overheating, body.

-
-
-

I didn't sleep for the rest of the night, and I certainly didn't want to just lay in bed alone after Chantelle and I hung up the phone at 6am. So, I got dressed and ready early, and I got to school early for once.

I got to school at 8am. And, though it had been terrifying in the dream, I knew the storage room would make me feel safe in real life. It was mine and Mitchell's place, and it would certainly remind me that he was with me, and only me. As I approached it, however, my brain seemed to collapse in on itself.

"Please let this be another dream," I whispered to myself, crossing my fingers and opening the door.

Moans escaped from the room as I walked in to see something I had no idea how to explain.

Large, golden hoop earrings in the storage room.

That meant-