Head (Case) Games

Wyatt Cain gnashed his teeth; his eyes squinted as he took in the small camp, only seeing DG and Raw. "We should really get moving," he spoke up after a moment. "Where's Glitch?" It seemed the head case had wandered off again.

"Um," DG said, looking around. "I think he went to clean up."

Wyatt sighed heavily and pushed himself to his feet. "I'll go get him," he said sounding extremely put upon.

DG and Raw smiled at each other like two little kids up to something and about to see the fruits of their labor.

Wyatt trudged down through the trees and underbrush and was about to call out to the man when he happened to look up and his call stuck in his throat.

The sound of flowing water filled his ears but there was also the distinct sound of splashing. The sunlight sparkled on the water flowing down the river as well as the droplets that shot into the air by the man's splashing.

Wyatt swallowed thickly as his eyes traveled up from the water to the man and he couldn't seem to tear his gaze away. The man stood with his profile to him, standing in the water up to his hips. His pale skin seemed to be aglow in the sunlight and from the distance between them appeared smooth and unmarred.

Wyatt swallowed again, his hands clenching at his sides as the urge to test that theory filled him. He was barely able to stifle a groan as he watched Glitch bend down in the water, scooping some up in his hand to splash on his chest and had a hard time breathing as he did it again a few more times, watching the glistening drops roll down his glowing, soft looking skin, watching as they met the water again.

Clearing his throat and stepping behind a tree, Wyatt hoped his voice wasn't as unsteady as it sounded when he called out, "Hey Glitch, hurry up, would ya? We want to get moving?"

He saw the man blink large brown eyes and look around as though looking for the source of the voice. "Oh, okay," he called back, still looking around.

Wyatt swallowed and hearing the man move closer toward the bank, he pushed himself away from the tree, forcing himself not to watch as the man approached, and trudged off back to camp.

"He's coming," he said as he entered the camp, not missing the mischievous smiled shared by Raw and DG, swallowing tightly in his throat as he walked past them. He would have to make sure to keep an eye on the kid and the viewer in the future. He didn't miss their snickers either but continued walking, telling himself he'd better scout around up ahead for any trouble.

Entering the camp a few minutes later, Glitch looked around for Cain and blinked hearing DG and Raw's snickers. "Where's Cain?" he asked puzzled.

DG inclined her head in the direction they were going.

"Oh," he said and relaxed slightly, smiling at them. "Did it work?"

DG and Raw snickered again and nodded. Glitch, his dark brown eyes aglow, looked off in the direction the Tin Man had gone, a broad smile on his face. "Well, we'd better get going, don't you think?" he asked, heading off after him.

DG and Raw nodded again, pushing off the log they were sitting on and followed behind, still chuckling softly to themselves.