Paralyzer

The music thrummed loudly in the smoky air, blue, red and yellow lights flashing with a bright white across the dark, crowded room. Ambrose, formerly Glitch swallowed dryly feeling watched from someone far away, and yet, too close. He closed his eyes as he moved his body to the music, dancing with but not with DG, his dark curls damp and sticking to his head in places and he was glad that the zipper was finally gone or he'd have a hell of time later.

His breath quickened as sweat began to cover his body in a light sheen, rolling down his neck as his shirt began to cling to him. The song ended and he gasped for breath, pausing in the transition, opening his eyes as he panted, still feeling as though he was being watched and became slightly uncomfortable. Looking around, in a flash of bright light he saw a grey hat with a hint of blond hair underneath and cool, ice blue eyes on him.

Swallowing, he turned to DG as the next song started and touched her arm to get her attention as she began to dance to the new beat. She paused and he leaned in close to her ear to be heard over the loud music and she nodded with a smile as he excused himself with the pretense of needing a drink.

The words to the song started as he turned and found blue eyes once more and swallowed.

I hold on so nervously
To me and my drink
I wish it was cooling me
But so far, has not been good
It's been shitty
And I feel awkward, as I should
This club has got to be
The most pretentious thing
Since I thought you and me
Well I am imagining
A dark lit place
Or your place or my place

Well I'm not paralyzed
But, I seem to be struck by you
I want to make you move
Because you're standing still
If your body matches
What your eyes can do
You'll probably move right through
Me on my way to you

I hold out for one more drink
Before I think
I'm looking too desperately
But so far has not been fun
I should just stay home
If one thing really means one
This club will hopefully
Be closed in three weeks
That would be cool with me
Well I'm still imagining
A dark lit place
Or your place or my place

Ambrose was glad for the dark as he flushed at hearing his thoughts spoken aloud by the man singing, and a slight smile tugged at his lips turning into a smirk when he saw a blond brow arch in his direction under the flashing lights. Taking a deep breath, Ambrose steadied his gaze purposefully on the blond in the corner standing against the wall, or rather, fence, watching them and his body automatically moved to the rhythm of the music as he moved toward the man.

He swallowed thickly once more as he watched the man shift nervously against the fence as he moved closer. He was hot, his shirt sticking to him almost like a second skin as he closed in on the man. He heart was pounding as he got with in a few feet of the man, when suddenly, the spell was broken, the house lights going up as the song ended and he blinked in the bright lights and looked at the blond.

The other man exhaled heavily and pushed off the fence he had been leaning against, long grey coat thrown over an arm as he brushed passed him to go to DG. Ambrose sighed heavily, shoulders slumping in defeat as he groaned, turning to follow the man with his gaze.

"Come on, Deeg," he heard the blond say, and saw him grab her arm gently, escorting her back in Ambrose's direction. "Time to go."

DG smiled at Ambrose sympathetically. "Don't worry too much, Glitch," she murmured using what had become his nickname among the small group of friends. "Maybe you'll be able to get him to dance next time."

Ambrose smiled weakly at her in return hearing a grunt from the blond as he ushered them both outside the club and into the chill night air.

"Come on you two," the blond said gruffly. "It's time to get home."

Ambrose's smile blossomed at that, and he quickened his step, looking forward to what exactly he and the blond could be doing once got back home. 'Who needs dancing?' he wondered to himself with a smile. 'There are so many other things we can do...'