18. My Prisoner

Hey guys! 2020 is going pretty good for me. I hope it's going well for you lovely people too. I decided to make a new cover for this fanfic. I hope you like it! I've been trying to stay on top of things, but time goes by so fast. *sigh* I'll try to upload more often now so you don't have to wait long to see What happens next. Speaking of which, didn't I leave off at a cliffhanger? Right! Let's see what happens next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shota Aizawa searched back and forth along with Mandalay for any students. It was getting pretty bad now, having half of the forest filled with this toxic gas from an unknown source and no sign of villains or students.

"Eraserhead, there's no one here either." Mandalay reported as she looked down.

Aizawa shook his head. "There must be at least one villain on the loose." He noticed Mandalay staring at the ground, when he saw it.

Footsteps....but whose were they? They seemed faint but still new. They were fairly small.

"Did you send any kids from either class toward this direction?"

Mandalay shook her head. "No. But these are too small to be from one of the students." She narrowed her eyes and thought for a moment. She gasped as she realized who it could be. "He could be close by!" She said before going ahead.

Aizawa sighed, grumbling to himself something about this being a possible set up. He followed behind, however, keeping a close eye on his surroundings.

He had a bad feeling about this. Ever since Tsuyu Asui told him about Midoriya being involved, his suspicions were getting the best of him.

That kid was too out of control with his quirk. He was still breaking his fingers. If anything, the villains probably only use him as bait or something.

Mandalay spotted something in front of her, making her stop. She looked back at Aizawa. "Blood... Kota must've gotten hurt!"

"We can't panic just yet. Where was the last time you saw your nephew?"

"I-I don't know. We ate dinner and he just wandered off... I thought he would come back by now." She frowned. She looked back. "You don't think?"

Aizawa frowned and simply sighed. "Find him first. I'll keep finding more students."

Mandalay nodded and stepped forward. A twig snapped, causing Aizawa to look back at her.

In the distance, there was a sound of soft crying coming a child.

"K-Kota, are you okay?!" Mandalay bolted ahead, Aizawa following behind cautiously.

Soon enough, they found a small figure curled up behind a tree, quietly crying.

"Are you hurt?" Aizawa approached closer.

The boy shook his head and looked up. "Auntie, I thought they killed you! There were a bunch of villains everywhere. I didn't know what to do!" He whimpered.

Mandalay furrowed her eyebrows and kneeled beside Kota. She embraced him softly. "Oh, Kota, I'm so sorry! I should have looked for you sooner. Are you okay?"

Kota nodded and wiped his tears. "But it's too late." He frowned.

"Too late?" Mandalay asked.

"Yes. It's too late. You're too late to save me."

Aizawa sensed something was off here, so he remained where he was.

"What do you mean? You're fine, aren't you?" Mandalay examined him.