Chapter 4

Picture on the right is Susan Coffey who plays Sammi.

Nodding to Peter, he hesitantly stepped out of the room, wringing his hands together. I leaned against the doorway of his room, crossing my arms. My eyes turned icy as I watched Peter play with the hem of his shirt subconsciously. He was nervous. He looked a hell of a lot paler than he previously was not just five minutes ago. Trains of sweat beaded down his face, and he emanated a nasty odor.

My eyes followed Peter as he approached the rest of our group. The almighty Resistance sat around, lazily lounging on the couches of our motel room. They stared intently at the TV, watching some sort of mortal movie, while Angela sat indolently on a table, writing down our records. Angela kept tally of all the places we’ve hit, as well as all the places we need to get to. She liked to be the manager of the group, without her brains, we would be at a total loss.

Peter stopped in front of Amelia, Elle and Sammi, abruptly stopping their giggling to glance at the man standing in front of the TV.

“Peter? Get out!” Amelia whined. The blonde pouted her lip playfully, attempting to look past her uncle, and at the television. Sammi rolled her eyes and threw a cushion at his head.

“Yeah, shithead. We were watching that!” the redhead snarled. With a sigh, I picked up the spare remote, impetuously turning off the TV. This resulted, as expected with screams and groans from the three girls.

“No!” wailed Elle, her fists clutching a hideous gray pillow to her chest. Sammi glowered murderously at me, her blue eyes vowing to make me suffer. I brushed the dirty look off indifferently, stepping forward from the doorway.

“Listen up!” I commanded, using my Luna tone. They shut up immediately, much to my content. Even Angela looked up from her papers to heed my order. Peter fleetingly glanced gratefully at me, while I replied with a grunt. I didn’t need his gratitude. I needed him to get off his ass and say what he needed to say before we all died of waiting.

Amelia’s eyes flitted from mine to Peter’s, curiosity and worry evident in her gaze. Ignoring her, I encouraged Peter with another nod. He took a deep breath, hesitance evident in his dull coffee eyes.

“I found my mate.”

The room was as silent as a morgue; the only sound being Angela’s pencil dropping to the carpeted floor. I counted a total of 12 seconds before Elle gradually spoke.

“Wow… wow Peter! That’s great!” she happily chirped, clapping her perfectly manicured hands together. Her light green eyes shone with sincerity as a dazzling smile broke out on her angelic face. Sammi bobbed her head, a small grin creeping on her blood red lips. Angela nodded in agreement before quickly picking up her precious #2 pencil. Only Amelia was silent, her face contorted in surprise.

“Who is she?”

“How’d you meet her?”

“You met her looking like that?”

“Where is she?”

Questions flew from each side of the room, causing Peter to stumble back startled, gasping for air. I quickly darted over to steady him as he nearly tripped over Elle’s pink pumps. His shallow breath came out in pants as he murmured lowly to me, “He is fighting me.” I growled softly to his wolf, commanding him to cease. This helped Peter relax slightly, his color slightly turning normal. You know, as normal as he could be in this condition. Damn the suicidal mutt.

I seethed at the girls, who watched in dismay. “Slow down, you’ll give Peter a heart attack!” Amelia swiftly made her way over to us, her councern written all over her countenance.