Chapter 3 FINAL

"You slept in his bed and you didn't think that was even remotely good time to bring up the fact that you're in love with him?" Suga asked, judgment in his voice. Asahi cringed. It was after morning practice the next day. Asahi had walked into practice with Noya on his back and a smile on his face, which had immediately tipped his fellow-third years off. They'd pounced on him as they'd walked to class, demanding to know what had gotten their ace all smiley. Asahi had boasted about his happy moment to Suga, thinking he had done well until Daichi had asked if they were together yet.

"How can you manage to get into his bed before you ask him out? Asahi, you're doing this terribly out of order," Daichi asked, pinching his nose in exasperation.

"It's not like we did anything!"

"I know. That's probably the most depressing part of this whole thing: you spent the whole night next to the man of your dreams and not only are you still single, you didn't even manage to get it in. I bet you didn't even cuddle him."

Asahi dropped his head to hide his smile, remembering the warmth of Nishinoya's sleeping form wrapped up in his arms. "We... might have cuddled."

"Oh thank god, I was beginning to think you were entirely useless," Daichi quipped.

"Like you weren't scared shitless the first time you slept over," Suga teased. "I had to take your arms and physically make you hold me."

"This is about Asahi, not me," Daichi said, his ears reddening. Suga chuckled and leaned in to press a gentle kiss to his boyfriend's cheek. "Asahi, who somehow thought cuddling with a guy who he is in love with who also loves him was somehow platonic and not a good time to bring up feelings. At least when I slept over at your house for the first time I'd already asked you out."

"I really tried to do the flirting thing! I just don't seem to be very good at it," Asahi said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"What a surprise," Daichi grumbled.

"Did you guys do anything that I might approve of?" Suga asked.

"Well, Noya did my hair, and we had a tickle war," Asahi recounted. "And we laid on his bed and talked for a while when we first got back to his house."

"So basically Noya made a bunch of moves on you, you did domestic shit and didn't even realize what a couple you were being." Suga elbowed Asahi in the side. "You're totally hopeless."

"I just... I didn't know how to bring it up! And I kept doubting myself! I still don't have a guarantee he likes me too!" Asahi rubbed the back of his neck anxiously, ducking his head. "And hey, wait, how do you know that he was making moves?"

"Sometimes in life Asahi, you don't need guarantees. Taking risks can be a very rewarding experience," Suga told him sagely, all teasing gone from his voice. Asahi looked up at Suga and was surprised to see sincerity in his eyes. Then Suga gave him a trademark smile. "Anyways, it was me who told you Noya likes you, which is basically a guarantee. I'm never wrong about these things. Trust me, Noya was making moves on you."

"You haven't been proven right about Kageyama and Hinata," Asahi muttered as they turned a corner.

"False," Suga said, puffing out his chest triumphantly. "You're just unobservant. We've walked by them kissing each other goodbye before class like twice this week. Check it, they're over there." He gestured with his head, and Asahi's eyes widened.

"How did I miss that?" Asahi wondered as he watched Hinata get on his toes to press a gentle kiss to Kageyama's very red cheek.

"How do you live your life?" Daichi asked, sounding equally confused. "You're such a dense goofball I have no idea how you function on a day to day basis."