Mess In The Basement And Rainbow Troll

Sorry it took so long. Honestly, I was forgetting or out of ideas. Well.... I also changed the name of the story and I want you to ask. Will you rather let Draal stay in Arcadia with Toby, Aaarrrgh, Barbara, Walter and extremely much babies, or go with Jim's team to search in the Jersey? I honestly like Draal as a Lake family troll, still decided to guard the house, but it's fair to ask you guys. Tell me in comments and don't forget to leave like to know, if this story is still worthy.

A loud yell mixed with frightened scream filled the Lakes residence. One thing was for sure. Everyone was awake now..... Except Merlin, who slept like death.... Or more like, like back in the tomb. Jim instinctively jumped out of the bed and rushed with amulet in his palm to source of noise. After a while the sound stopped, but Jim knew that voice. "Draal? What happened? Where are you?!" shouted Jim as he opened the doors of the basement and rushed down from the stairs. But Draal wasn't here. Instead of that there were torn pieces of something, that used to be a picture and color cans spilled accros the floor. Jim lift up from the ground and examined it. It was a part from Angor's face. The eye part exactly. Jim then noticed some slight movement behind the furnace and troll foot step made of spilled colors and clumsy troll. Before he could ask if it is Draal, Barbara rushed down. "Jim? What was it?" she asked and saw the mess. "Oh no... My painting." Jim looked back at the furnace. "Draal? You're alright?" No response. Jim glanced at his worried mom. "Wait upstairs. I will handle it." she nodded and went up. Jim watched her leave and as he was sure she's gone, he went closer to the furnace. "Draal?" Nothing. Then he noticed elbow and spikes peeking out a little. With a sigh, he went behind it. And what he saw, made his heart feel sorry.
Draal was covered by colors and curled in ball, his face hide and his body shaking. Jim would never expect to see Draal that afraid and.... Well, shuddering. He also decided to ignore the thought of Draal looking like a rainbow hedgehog. He hold his breath and touched Draal's arm. "Dra-" The troll flinched away. Jim felt awful to see him like this, so he took his arm away. He tried something. "Sshhh........ It's alright buddy. You're safe here." he whispered him, sitting on the floor. Draal sighed heavily with the shudder. "I know. I just-" he took his palm's slowly off his head, hugging his chest. Jim sit beside him. After a pause, he asked. "Did you had a nightmare?" Draal frowned slightly. "No..." he huffed. Jim shook his head a bit. "Draal. You don't have to play always the brave one. Or at least, not in front of me." he smiled slightly. Draal hesitated for a moment before he said. "Decimar Blade. I fell him touching my throat, hearing Gunmars voice in head." Jim sighed. "Blinky said that it's possible for you to have these side effects." Draal sighed heavily, still hugging his chest. Jim thought for a moment, before smiled softly. "I think I know about something that can help you. Follow me." he stood up and raised his arm to him. "Is your mother up there?" asked Draal. Jim shrugged. "Yeah. You pretty much woked up full street." Draal hesitated again. "Will she spray me again?" he asked. Jim's chuckled and shook his head no. Draal stood up and slowly followed him up.
Barbara waited in the kitchen. Then she saw Jim walking from the basement door with big blue troll, which wore most of her color cans, behind him, but why is he covering his eye's? Barbara approached to Jim. "Is he, alright?" Jim glanced at Draal and chuckled. "Don't worry Draal. She won't spray you by pepper spray, again." Draal took slowly his palms of his face. Barbara looked at him with surprise. "Would you look at that." she muttered, studying him slowly. "And also I don't have a pepper spray." Draal ducked his head a bit. "Umm...... Helo, miss Bar-bu-rah." Barbara looked puzzled at him, and then on Jim. "Barbura?" Jim shrugged helplessly. "Sorry. Some trolls have a kinda problem to pronounce your name right." he went to the kitchen, picking few things from the fridge and leaving his mother and friend alone. "Well, helo Draal. I heard you're Jim's friend." "And protector." added Draal. "Oh well, come with me to, um..." Barbara looked at the sofa, where Merlin was snoring like a broked chainsaw. Also she didn't want to get her couch covered by colours that won't come off. Draal looked her way and noticed what paused her. He glanced at the deep night outside and then turned to Barbara. "I would like to go outside, if you will be alright with that?". Barbara looked at him and smiled a bit. "I am actually." she went to the backyard door, Draal following her with cession. Before he step outside he hesitated in front of the entrance. With holded breath he went out, taking a deep inhale of cold fresh air into his lungs, and breathing it out. Barbara watched him as he relaxed. Draal looked on the stars and smiled. "Feels good to be back."
Jim came through the doors with middle size pot to Draal. "Hey big guy. This normally helps me fall asleep, so you might give it a try." he handed Draal the pot, who sniffed it and looked  at Jim with skeptic look. "A milk? This helps humans sleep?" Jim just shrugged "Yeah, sometimes. Just give it a try." Draal snorted and drinked it on two swallows. "Hhm..... Hmpf. I don't feel anything." he handed Jim back the pot. "It isn't supposed to work- Nevermind." Barbara just stared at them and grimaced smile. "I should go back." Draal took a last deep breath before he went back to the house. Barbara went to Jim. "Now I see with how hard people you have to deal with." "Yeah. They quite takes things too literal. Blinky actually thought tgat babysitting is literally sitting on babies." laughed Jim and Barbara put an arm on his shoulder. "And yet, you risk for them your own life." Jim shrugged her off. "They are my friends mum. He is my friend. I couldn't let him under Gunmars control anymore." Barbara grabbed his shoulders. "I know, Jim. What am I trying to say-" she looked into his eye's. "-is that I am happy you found friends who apparently are worthy enough. And if that one is your protector, I may believe you are in good hands." she spoke softly. Then chuckled and walked in with words. "I can't wait to hear how you two met." that made Jim regret he promised her to don't lie anymore. "Yeaaah. Sure. M-me too."