|Chap. 01《My Mum is Dead》|

When I was seven, my mother died. She was lost at see. And the only thing me or papa got was Poly carrying mom's wedding ring. I didn't know about it until the next morning when he was crying into his hands on her desk. His parchment in front of him dripping with salty water from his tears. Although at the time I had no idea what was wrong.

Because the next thing I saw was Polynesia (Poly), our macaw that went with mom. "Poly!" I exclaimed rushing over to stroke her feathers.

She looked down at the ground, her eyes distant. The first thing I thought when I started to pet the macaw was where mum was.

"Where's mum, papa?" I turned to him.

He turned towards me with his tear stricken face and red eyes. And he pulled me into a hug. I had no idea why he was hugging me or why I felt tears that weren't my own on my face. But the what, the thing that broke me the most was what came afterwards.

"I never want to lose you ever." Papa whispered against me.

I didn't understand what he meant by that at the time (since I was seven), but as I grew up surrounded by the different animals, I understood. I understood that my mother was dead. My father was in pain. And I was left without a mother. Sometimes speaking animal is the only way to cope with pain. So as I grew older I understood why papa had closed the gates to the manor.

I understood that the outside world was filled with people that would leave. But as you grow older, you need something more than animal interaction. You need human interaction. Human interaction that isn't my father.