Classes

Classes

          Adria woke to see herself still in her robes. Yawning, she changed into fresh robes, now embellished with the Slytherin crest. She rushed around gathering the things needed for her first day of classes. She looked at her desk and saw a letter. Setting the books onto her bed, she walked over to it and read. 

Adria Knight

               This is to be your class schedule for Wednesdays. I will give your other schedules for the other days after Potions. Do not be late and I hope you are as good as Professor Dumbledore says you are.

                                                                                Professor Severus Snape

Nodding along absent mindedly, Adria put the schedule in with her books. Giving Ares a treat, she observed him for a second before turning to Unferth. She stroked his scales and left for the common room.

“Adria!” Draco yelled, stopping Adria before she left the common room. He slid to a stop beside her, his hair dripping down the back of his robes. He had woken late after a night of fitful sleep. When he had looked in the bathroom mirrors, he looked horrible. He had dark circles under his eyes and his eyes looked red.

“Do you want some help covering that up?” Adria asked pointing to his face. Nodding, Draco looked at her; her hair looked like a mess… well a mess that made her look extremely hot. She cast a concealment charm then nodded. He did not have time to look, so he had to trust her. He had to get something to eat, and now. He tried to muffle the sound of his stomach growling in protest of being denied food, but ultimately failed.

Adria studied Draco as his stomach growled, bringing to light her own hunger. She wanted to help him like crazy when she saw how horrible he looked. However, restrained a little, by casting a charm she had used countless times. She turned to leave the common room once more, motioning for Draco to follow.

“So what is your first class Adria?” Draco asked as they left the dungeons. He looked over at her when they reached the Great Hall, to see her staring at the four hourglasses. Looking over at them, he admired the emeralds in the Slytherins own hourglass.

“Oh sorry, my first class is Defense Against the Dark Arts.” Adria replied after Draco tapped her shoulder. She jumped as if under attack. Nodding, Draco went into the Great Hall and grabbed a few bagels from the nearest table, leaving Adria to stand in the entrance. He came back to find Harry Potter walking over to Adria with his friends following him.

“Hello Adria, may I speak with you before classes start?” He said a few feet away from Adria. Harry did not want to do this but he had no choice, he needed to tell her about Sirius and Draco.

“What?” Adria said malice dripping from her voice, freezing Harry and his friends a few feet away. Draco came to a stop carrying three bagels, one in his mouth. He looked back and forth at Adria and Harry. He could sense that something was about to happen. In fact, a small crowd of students leaving the Hall had gathered.  

A scowl appeared in Adria’s face as Harry took a step forward. Taking another step forward as the teachers pushed their way into the crowd; Harry ignored the tingling of his scar. A look of pain flashed across both of their faces as the professors entered the clearing. Adria then collapsed grasping the left side of her face. Then Harry did too, by then, his friends knew that when it hurt, evil involving the Dark Lord was near. They had landed facing each other. They were both staring at the other in a pain like none other they had ever experienced. Professor McGonagall rushed over to Harry’s side, motioning for Professor Snape to go over to Adria.