𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙚 .

Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven

20 minutes had gone by and he still ain't left but he did stop trynna talk to me. He wasn't even trynna engage in that other conversation just was entertaining Kodi whenever she tried to get his attention.

I had been scrolling through Twitter when my phone was snatched —again— from my hands. I followed the arm and seen it connected to a smiling mari.

"Give it back nie" I told her while holding my hand out and all she did was shake her head at me.

"Na cmon, I want you to meet my folks. Kodi can go play with the other kids. Ain't that right tt bby?"

"Yes" Kodi yelled from behind me. Traitor.

I grumbled and stood up in defeat. It would've been better than sitting here in this man face, I thought.

We walked around the crowds and dropped Kodi off at the lil bouncy ball pit area where hella kids where, then proceeded to move towards the head table.

At the head table I seen a darkskin boy and a pretty as red girl with a swollen belly. Upon seeing us walk up, the boy noticed us first more like me first, sherm ass.

I rolled my eyes before we were completely infront of them.

"Di'shay, mook. This my bestest bitch senaiah" she nudged me forward a little while I smiled at the girl completely ignoring 'mook' in the process before the girl stood up and hugged me herself.

Well she attempted too but her belly was so big. "hey mamas, your belly is so big! What y'all having?" I asked all in the same breath then let out a little laugh after. The girls smile had become bigger at my immediate burst.

"It's a girl and my belly is big, just can't for fa ha to come on out" she said while rubbing her belly.

"Y'all got a name already?"

"Yes we're planning on announcing it before the opening of gifts" I nodded but before I could get a word out the nigga spoke.

"Yoo whats goodie" we all turned to look at him sideways and just decided to ignore him then laugh as he walked off.

"You've been standing here all of 10 minutes talking and he was just now noticing another body next to me, imagine." Mari said as she tried to burn holes through his back.

Di' Shay laughed out loud but her laugh sounded like a damn whale which in turn made me bust out laughing too and I had to be the one to snort.

Within 5 minutes we all were crying laughing, leaning against each other trynna hold ourselves up. By this time it was more than enough eyes on us that made me sober up.

All that laughing had a bitch stomach and chest hurting. I was rubbing my chest as I walked to and sat down in the nearest chair. Spotting a small stack of napkins, I grabbed one and dabbed under my eyes and down my cheeks not trynna smear or wipe any makeup off.

A little bit after, Mari had made her way over to the table I was sitting at with Di' Shay following behind her, holding her belly and her back with a wide smile.

"Y'all funny as thee fuck and as hard as I was laughing, this baby should've went ahead and popped out but y'all excuse me, I done owed on myself." She said with a laugh and walked off towards wherever the bathroom was.

"Shorty w da white shirt, cmere"

I looked at mari, rolled my eyes and continued scrolling through Twitter minding my business.

"I kno shorty Hurd me"

"I did but how bout you come to me since you want MY attention" I said, huffing.

Today was definitely not the day to be messing with me when I'm trynna have a good time. Ion wanna cut up at these folks party knowing if he family SOMEBODY gon wanna step and ian gon fold.

"You think you so tough huh, trynna downplay me and shit" I heard come from a voice overhead.

I turned my head just enough to see this fine ass man sit down. He was wearing a white tee, gold chain and some blue Addias joggers with blue Prada's.

"and is, what about it luh bro"

His deep throat ass laughed at me then he was just quiet but it didn't bother me one bit. I really wasn't trynna talk anyways.

I held my phone up to take a selfie and send it to mari but when I went to look at it, his goofy ass had photobombed me. I turned around and looked at him as he tried to act like he ain't just do it.

"I got sum on my face love?" He asked without taking his eyes off his screen. I rolled my eyes.

"Actually you do"

"You lyin like hell"

"I'm not but go awf boo"

He looked at me and just stared so I rolled my eyes again and turned back around.

As soon as I did, I heard a little bit of shuffling before he spoke up again. "You so cap brah dang"

I laughed and continued to scroll through my camera roll. It had been atleast 10 minutes before I heard the sound of more shuffling feet come my way.

"Nana" At the sound of her voice, I immediately turned around. Upon seeing me, she ran the rest of the way and started crying.

"What happened ko, what's wrong" I asked rocking her back and forth, ignoring the eyes that followed behind the crying child.

"H-He pulled my hair" she wailed out loud.

"Who did, point em out" I told her gently still rocking back and forth.

She popped her head up and peaked at the man behind us then swiveled her head around towards the ball pit. Her face lit up in recognition once she had found who she was looking for.

"Right there" she pointed and my eyes followed her hands to a small lil chocolate boy with a head full of curls.

Once I had looked at his face enough to remember who he was before a feeling of familiarity hit me then I turned to the man behind us.

"Who he belong to?" He stopped staring at the boy aswell and faced me.

"Mook" my eyes widened a lil bit before I thought better of saying the first thing that came to mind.

"Oh, ok" I looked around the room trynna search for the same version of that face but older.

Once I spotted him in the back, I held onto kodi and started walking back to where we was first sitting. As I stood behind him, I nudged his back to get his attention and he turned around.

He started smiling once he seen me.

"Oh you jah fine ass friend, wassup"

"ion appreciate your son pull my baby hair, tell em to keep his hands to himself, aight?" Then I walked back of.

I dead wasn't feeling this party shit no more ongee. I walked back down the long as hallway we came in from and pushed the door open with my free arm before letting it slam behind us.

Sitting down on a bench that wasn't too far away, I sat kodi down next me while she just laid her head back.

_________________________________________
I keep apologizing but school rey kicking my ass brah.  I'm trying but I'll do better☹️🤦🏾‍♀️